Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Excellent Indian Takeaway - one to remember

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
Cannot believe Bhindi's has not been mentioned on Lewes Rd! Absolutely mint food, reasonable price and if you can be arsed to go and collect it, they have an open kitchen where you see them cooking it in front of you. All very exciting...

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Does anyone know what the Indian takeaway at Fiveways is like? My daughter's just moving in round the corner and it could be a lifeline. There's a sit-in restaurant and a Chinese there too - any recommendations or rejections welcome.

Agra Tandoori at Fiveways is amazing! And for Chinese I'd recommend Kums which is just off Fiveways in the Dip.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cannot believe Bhindi's has not been mentioned on Lewes Rd! Absolutely mint food, reasonable price and if you can be arsed to go and collect it, they have an open kitchen where you see them cooking it in front of you. All very exciting...

Beat me to it. Lovely food.

Best i've ever had though was in Bradford, can't remember the name but was opposite some netto/lidl supermarket. £8 for two curries, rice, poppadoms, Onion Bhaji, 2 cans of coke, and a few chappattis, just a shame it was in Bradford.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agra Tandoori at Fiveways is amazing! And for Chinese I'd recommend Kums which is just off Fiveways in the Dip.

Thanks for the recommendation of Kums Chinese takeaway in Hollingdean. Tried it for the first time ... great food & value, with a polite owner.
Remember to take cash, as there was no sign that cards are accepted.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
TAZA Burgess Hill for a superb takeaway.

Thread closed.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
My curry house big ups:

Nizam-Haywards Heath

Their East Grinstead branch is good too. Has anyone on here ever tried the Tarana at Turners Hill? (took over Turners - pretend posh but crap, which itself had succeeded the Punchbowl). The car park is packed every night, and my old man has been and enjoyed it, but I haven't been. In London, my local curry house, Indian Moment, is superb, but a touch on the expensive side. If you are in SE1, Simply Indian, just up the road from the Royal Oak, the Seagulls over London pub, is also excellent. It isn't licensed, but you can buy a pint of Harveys at the Royal Oak and take it with you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TAZA Burgess Hill for a superb takeaway.

Thread closed.

I am told they do a very good sit down set meal on a Tuesday but havent had a take away. I had one the other day from Didar in Boltro Rd Haywards Heath, as a menu came through the door with the freebie paper, and wife and I thought that it was very good. Will certainly have another

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Kashmir, Morley Street, Bradford.

Can't beat it.

:thumbsup:

Probably the curry house I've visited most in my life. Best curry house in England

Best takeaway I've had in Brighton, so far, has been the Surma on Lewes Road - but there are few more to try.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else about to vouch for the Raj Pavilion/Pavillion? Got a couple of friends coming to stay soon and its the nearest one to my place but never been in there. Don't want to take them there if its shite. Seems to be more and more Indians using those chicken pellet things instead of proper chicken.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Anybody else about to vouch for the Raj Pavilion/Pavillion? Got a couple of friends coming to stay soon and its the nearest one to my place but never been in there. Don't want to take them there if its shite. Seems to be more and more Indians using those chicken pellet things instead of proper chicken.

A lot of people I know swear by this place, I have had a few meals from there and it hasn't been the best. Much prefer the Shahi just along the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here