Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Excellent Indian Takeaway - one to remember

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Hello Seagulls, many happy 'squarks' of the day to you all !

Following my excursion to the Amex on Monday (and yes, returning with my halo slight dimmer than it was) I returned home to find a new Indian restaurant menu on my doorstep. Having nothing in the fridge I ordered and was very happy with the quality of the food.

I have nothing to do with the Homaira Tandoori, 38 Waterloo Street, Hove (Welcome to Homaira Tandoori) so you will just have to take it from me that it is quality food.

Call it my new year's resolution to praise local companies I do 'business' with. Whatever, when one finds a good Indian restaurant/delivery then I think the world needs to know.

Very reasonably priced, took an hour to come but that is because they cook from fresh. Don't be put off if a young lad answers the phone and takes your order either.

Anyway my dear Seagulls, if you're fed up with pecking your dinner out of bins down by the pier then give it a go. You won't be disappointed!

Cheers,
HoveSaint

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
The one opposite Furniture Village in Hove - just along from where the Goldstone was is fabulous - I think it's called Indian spice - brilliant food and very reasonable - and I'm looking forward to going there next Friday with a fellow NSC person!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
There's only one curry house , shoreham high street the cottage ,thread closed. 9.95 menu , starter , main, one side dish you can't beat it ,

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
The one opposite Furniture Village in Hove - just along from where the Goldstone was is fabulous - I think it's called Indian spice - brilliant food and very reasonable - and I'm looking forward to going there next Friday with a fellow NSC person!!!

I usually get my lunch from the Hove Deli next door (they look after you, baguette wise) and I followed their revamp with a keen eye. It is now under new management. So when the flyer came through the door I ordered, but was less than impressed. Maybe they were still ironing out wrinkles. The Homaira's food was Premier League to their league 2.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Hello Seagulls, many happy 'squarks' of the day to you all !

Following my excursion to the Amex on Monday (and yes, returning with my halo slight dimmer than it was) I returned home to find a new Indian restaurant menu on my doorstep. Having nothing in the fridge I ordered and was very happy with the quality of the food.

I have nothing to do with the Homaira Tandoori, 38 Waterloo Street, Hove (Welcome to Homaira Tandoori) so you will just have to take it from me that it is quality food.

Call it my new year's resolution to praise local companies I do 'business' with. Whatever, when one finds a good Indian restaurant/delivery then I think the world needs to know.

Very reasonably priced, took an hour to come but that is because they cook from fresh. Don't be put off if a young lad answers the phone and takes your order either.

Anyway my dear Seagulls, if you're fed up with pecking your dinner out of bins down by the pier then give it a go. You won't be disappointed!

Cheers,
HoveSaint

Interesting. But are they offering a menu that is different to the run of the mill offerings of a majority of the curry outlets around? One i like is the Indian Summer on Kingsway.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
If any of you find yourself in South West London (heaven forbid) then the only place you need to go for a Curry is House of Spice, Kingston Road, Raynes Park. Absolutely awesome.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I usually get my lunch from the Hove Deli next door (they look after you, baguette wise) and I followed their revamp with a keen eye. It is now under new management. So when the flyer came through the door I ordered, but was less than impressed. Maybe they were still ironing out wrinkles. The Homaira's food was Premier League to their league 2.

We've been there a few times and it's been excellent - we were recommended to it by a very fussy friend who is a chef!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here