Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ‘Ammers not ‘appy

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Completely disagree. Long standing friend,WHU ST holder for 20+ years was there yesterday. Said we were brilliant, top quality football, very jealous, and they were lucky to get nil!
That’s your friend. Of course he’s complimentary. Let’s agree to disagree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Their forum barely mentions us. Seems they beat themselves.
In the warm up before 6-0-6 yesterday, just before the 5.30 commentary, Sutton namechecked every team, except one....."and another bad day for West Ham." I am more than happy to continue to be under the radar. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here. Hot sunny afternoon wasn’t it? Went round to the NS afterwards to meet a brother and celebrate the win. Everyone allowed to take their pints out to the sunny outside. Peter Ward came down to say hello, he was mobbed, whilst his original chant was sung.
I hope the meeting went well

1678011581448.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I was surprised how they booed their team off at HT
That done the them the power of good
Same. Strange behaviour. Away from home to a team higher up the league who you have a terrible record against, only 1-0 down (from a penalty) and the game very much still in the balance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wet spam supporters will never give you the “we were outclassed by a superior side”. Always look at it from just being a bad day at the office. Hope they go down. Miserable twats
Why? Best chance of six points is 2 games against West Ham.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One thing WHUFC need to be credited for is they didn't fall over at every tackle , tried to play football but were outplayed.
Yes. How naïve??? If only they had been more professional (and started time-wasting before they'd gone a goal down, like Fulham, Forrest, Villa and others . . . ) they would of won.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, in eleven Premier League meetings, the Ammers still haven't registered a single victory. We certainly seem to have the Indian sign over them.

As for yesterday and their fans, one that l came across in the coach park afterwards, reluctantly was forced to admit that "we were quite a well organised side". Praise indeed lol.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I spoke to one of the minority who stayed until the final whistle, thinking he may be more on the loyal fan than entitled simpleton end of the spectrum.
"I only stayed for the booing"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I spoke to one of the minority who stayed until the final whistle, thinking he may be more on the loyal fan than entitled simpleton end of the spectrum.
"I only stayed for the booing"
Be still my beating heart.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Actually a very good interview from Rice. Gives BHA the credit their fans are unwilling to give.
Indeed, Brighton played us off the park.

The worry for West Ham and in particular Moyes is the follow up comment.

They have a unique style and we didn't work that out

Yes we have a style which is consistent, so what was Moyes doing in the training and tactical meetings ahead of the games. Surely it wasn't play our way and we will win. He must of looked at ways to best counter the threat from Brighton, but it seems not. Or had he come up with a masterplan and the players just downed tools.

I don't accept the fatigue excuse of having played on Wednesday, we played on Tuesday and given their European campaign they will be used to Saturday/Wednesday Thursday/Sunday

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Found this

Really bad. Can't remember us looking so bad. Brighton are obviously better than us, but still...

Looked to me like a squad management issue. The Saturday fixture followed by Wednesday in the cup, then Saturday again and with a looming Thursday: that's a tough run for any squad, let alone one that's thin to begin with and has little rotation. I think the result against United was quite gutting for the squad – somehow I suspect that if we'd lost 4-0 at Old Trafford, we would actually have put in a better shift today.

But some pretty diabolical performances, led by Ben Johnson who didn't seem to do anything right all match. Have no idea why Ings wasn't taken off for Antonio at some point in that second half. Sure, he wasn't getting any service, but his pressing was rubbish and everything that came to him bounced off. Rice and Soucket looked knackered, Benrahama a busted flush, Emerson zero confidence. I hope that we take the Larnaca game as an opportunity to rotate, because frankly winning the European Conference League the same season we get relegated would be embarrassing. Has to be a safety first approach from now.

That all said: how good are Brighton? So, so frustrating to see a team that spends so much less than us out-performing us in every department. Their recruitment of players both at their peak and youth (not to mention manager) is the model we should aspire to, rather than it open chequebook approach of recent seasons.

I know why Atoninio didn’t come on for Ings, he wasn’t in the squad.

If you’re going to criticise the manager they should at least get their facts right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wet spam supporters will never give you the “we were outclassed by a superior side”. Always look at it from just being a bad day at the office. Hope they go down. Miserable twats
Be careful what you wish for! Last time we were in the top flight Wolves were our go-to six points (well, four in those days of two for a win) bunny. Evetually we succeeded in sending them down - and the next season, without our routine two victories over Wolves, down we went to the 2nd. division, not to return for 34 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here