Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ‘Ammers not ‘appy

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember the O’Hara thing well …subbed at HT ….end of season game ..they lost two nil…went over to the fans at the end of the game ..he threw his shirt into the away end and they threw it back 😂😂😂
You can’t remember it that well…

O’Hara wasn’t subbed - scuttled off down the tunnel after gesturing to their fans during the game after they sang ‘50 grand you’re having a laugh’. Roger Johnson threw his shirt to the crowd and they threw it back - wasn’t O’Hara as is commonly said on here! If O’Hara had gone over at the end there would have been a riot!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

O’Hara wasn’t subbed - scuttled off down the tunnel after gesturing to their fans during the game after they sang ‘50 grand you’re having a laugh’. Roger Johnson threw his shirt to the crowd and they threw it back - wasn’t O’Hara as is commonly said on here! If O’Hara had gone over at the end there would have been a riot!
I did recall that they hated far more than one player. The supporters furious with massively paid players who’d titted around that relegation season.

In football circles, it was quickly and lazily altered to just O’Hara.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well always good to be corrected….but I think I got the gist right ..shrug

….and just by coincidence..look who was hosting tonight’s show talking about the defeat and inviting fans to ring in….good job I didn’t ring in about the shirt 🙈

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Found this

Really bad. Can't remember us looking so bad. Brighton are obviously better than us, but still...

Looked to me like a squad management issue. The Saturday fixture followed by Wednesday in the cup, then Saturday again and with a looming Thursday: that's a tough run for any squad, let alone one that's thin to begin with and has little rotation. I think the result against United was quite gutting for the squad – somehow I suspect that if we'd lost 4-0 at Old Trafford, we would actually have put in a better shift today.

But some pretty diabolical performances, led by Ben Johnson who didn't seem to do anything right all match. Have no idea why Ings wasn't taken off for Antonio at some point in that second half. Sure, he wasn't getting any service, but his pressing was rubbish and everything that came to him bounced off. Rice and Soucket looked knackered, Benrahama a busted flush, Emerson zero confidence. I hope that we take the Larnaca game as an opportunity to rotate, because frankly winning the European Conference League the same season we get relegated would be embarrassing. Has to be a safety first approach from now.

That all said: how good are Brighton? So, so frustrating to see a team that spends so much less than us out-performing us in every department. Their recruitment of players both at their peak and youth (not to mention manager) is the model we should aspire to, rather than it open chequebook approach of recent seasons.
I think one reason Ings wasn’t subbed for Antonio was the fact Antonio wasn’t on the bench 😂.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From their board....

As awful as we were I just want to give a bit of credit to Brighton. Caceido, Mitoma and MacAllister were incredible and our England and Brasil international midfielders couldn't even get close to them. I've not seen a performance against us as good as that for a long time.

Yep, how have they managed to sell Bissouma who I think is a top player and replace him with someone better in Cacedio, he looks the nuts. Macallister, him and Grob was ridiculously good in midfield and tore us a new one. Mitoma & March was both quality and the LB, again replaced Cucarella with someone better it seems. Let’s be honest we haven’t been beaten like that since Moyes came back, they absolutely battered us. Imagine turning up and watching that every other week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chigwells finest thinks we might crash and burn.

51C2756D-7896-4EA1-AE02-7D6F65E4221E.png

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Was it just me that found it amusing when they tried to play DeZerbiball and on the third quick pass it either went out or to one of our players! Progressive fast paced football isn't for everyone it seems :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was it just me that found it amusing when they tried to play DeZerbiball and on the third quick pass it either went out or to one of our players! Progressive fast paced football isn't for everyone it seems :)
I'm noticing quite a few teams trying to do what we do out of the back...and aside from City, they are all shit at it :LOL:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wet spam supporters will never give you the “we were outclassed by a superior side”. Always look at it from just being a bad day at the office. Hope they go down. Miserable twats
Completely disagree. Long standing friend,WHU ST holder for 20+ years was there yesterday. Said we were brilliant, top quality football, very jealous, and they were lucky to get nil!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chigwells finest thinks we might crash and burn.

View attachment 157905
I ended up some speaking to some fairly decent WHU fans in the queue back. They were full of praise for us, but did warn that European football has a hell of a toll on a club without depth and strengthen to compete. I think they said last year with the Europa league they played an extra 12 games and it’s taken it’s toll + some recruitment of players who haven’t lived up to the price tag

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I ended up some speaking to some fairly decent WHU fans in the queue back. They were full of praise for us, but did warn that European football has a hell of a toll on a club without depth and strengthen to compete. I think they said last year with the Europa league they played an extra 12 games and it’s taken it’s toll + some recruitment of players who haven’t lived up to the price tag
Has to be the fear.

But, I would say our U21s seem to be developing well, so perhaps that will help

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
The ones sat next to me in the east stand definitely weren’t happy as we made sure we kept “accidentally” bumping into them as we celebrated the goals. They were good as gold and stayed to the bitter end but great fun loudly saying things like “imagine watching this shit team every week” and “easiest points this season”.
Exactly what I did last year to an undercover hammer. Over celebrated our goals by bumping in to him and shouting like we’d just won the World Cup 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here