Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex to host Rugby World Cup Games? (merged threads)

D

Deleted member 22389

It would be brilliant. I would definitely get a ticket for this.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
with the amount of corporate the Amex can hold over Saints ground, I'd say the Amex is probably a show in for this.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Let's face it, the Amex is superior to St Mary's in every respect apart from capacity. The only way it would lose out is because of geographical location - Brighton too close to London venues.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I really, really want to see World Cup rugby at the Amex. Even if it is a borefest between two tier 3 nations, I would love to be there.

BINNEYS BOOTS

Aug 22, 2008
Let's face it, the Amex is superior to St Mary's in every respect apart from capacity. The only way it would lose out is because of geographical location - Brighton too close to London venues.

Article in Guardian yesterday said they wouldn't be able to use the Olympic stadium as planned. Something do with building work being done for when West Ham move in. So that's one less.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Hope the AMEX gets some games, I share a Quins season ticket and would definately come down for a game or two.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hope the AMEX gets some games, I share a Quins season ticket and would definately come down for a game or two.

well ok but hopefully you get a standard away seat and not a home seat...

D

Deleted member 18477

Was thinking West stand upper, Rugby fans should be at home in this nice quiet area.

WSU quiet? :lolol:... WSU and north stand make all the noise. its the other areas who need to liven up!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

I too am a Quins STH, and I have long since adjusted to the knowledge that it is one thing that unites me with a number of Palace fans... :jester:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I too am a Quins STH, and I have long since adjusted to the knowledge that it is one thing that unites me with a number of Palace fans... :jester:

Good man BP, I'm in the south stand (cheap seats). Manage 3-4 away trips every season as well.

Anyany fingers crossed for RWC at the AMEX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here