Amex Heart Attack Victim - Message from Son

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Take it nice and easy Bill. This thread proves that those Twitter followers knocking NSC all the time are wrong.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Glad to hear he is doing well. Excellent news.

Well Done to ALL those involved in helping him on Saturday, and in his recovery.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Thanks very much for your letter, I saw your Dad on the ground very soon after he fell, infact before any real medical attention had arrived. He, like myself probably left the stand 30 secs or so before final whistle as I heard it as I reached bottom of stairs. Unfortunately this can be a neccessity particularly for elderly folk like your Dad, or the consequenses can be to wait in the cold or rain for the best part of an hour for public transport so fully understand.
Very relieved to hear your good news, please pass on sincere good wishes, he's a credit to his club for his loyal support, as are those who came to his aid.
Hope you both enjoy tonights game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thanks very much for your letter, I saw your Dad on the ground very soon after he fell, infact before any real medical attention had arrived. He, like myself probably left the stand 30 secs or so before final whistle as I heard it as I reached bottom of stairs. Unfortunately this can be a neccessity particularly for elderly folk like your Dad, or the consequenses can be to wait in the cold or rain for the best part of an hour for public transport so fully understand.
Very relieved to hear your good news, please pass on sincere good wishes, he's a credit to his club for his loyal support, as are those who came to his aid.
Hope you both enjoy tonights game.

a BIG this

epc

Nov 26, 2011
hi mancgull,thanxs for the update on bill.as we came out of west lower your dad was on the ground n in a bad way , with a steward over him .my brother ran over and started cpr on him [he is a parramedic not just the local nutter]while other fans n staff made a human barrier as fans poured out .the response of the staff at the amex was fantastic ,stewards bringing barriers in what seemed like seconds so the pros could get on with their work.our club has had a hard time from some fans over transport /food q s etc but they were 100 pc when it mattered on sat.hope bill is back at the amex soon,reading his albion history he deserves many happy amex years. n hope you can get your arse in the seat next to him

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Regards

Lush

Mods' Pet
hi mancgull,thanxs for the update on bill.as we came out of west lower your dad was on the ground n in a bad way , with a steward over him .my brother ran over and started cpr on him [he is a parramedic not just the local nutter]while other fans n staff made a human barrier as fans poured out .the response of the staff at the amex was fantastic ,stewards bringing barriers in what seemed like seconds so the pros could get on with their work.our club has had a hard time from some fans over transport /food q s etc but they were 100 pc when it mattered on sat.hope bill is back at the amex soon,reading his albion history he deserves many happy amex years. n hope you can get your arse in the seat next to him

Good to hear. Good work by your brother too. Great post.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A big thank you to all of those who have posted. I am seeing my Dad on Thursday and will print this thread off and show my dad your comments. He will appreciate your kind thoughts and the humour.
My dad has been progressing well although he's still very poorly.
He won't be up to listening tonight but would have appreciated the score at HT. CMS is his favourite player...he saw him at Peterborough last season and was impressed by his relentless workrate and sharpness. We were both thrilled when we managed to sign him.
I haven't made it to the game tonight but listening in on Seagulls player. How great it would be if we could hang onto a victory.
epc, would you give your brother a big 'thank you' from our family.
We are all really moved by the help that was given to my dad and the genuine concern that has been shown.

And now for a test of how strong my heart is for the next 45 minutes.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
A big thank you to all of those who have posted. I am seeing my Dad on Thursday and will print this thread off and show my dad your comments. He will appreciate your kind thoughts and the humour.
My dad has been progressing well although he's still very poorly.
He won't be up to listening tonight but would have appreciated the score at HT. CMS is his favourite player...he saw him at Peterborough last season and was impressed by his relentless workrate and sharpness. We were both thrilled when we managed to sign him.
I haven't made it to the game tonight but listening in on Seagulls player. How great it would be if we could hang onto a victory.
epc, would you give your brother a big 'thank you' from our family.
We are all really moved by the help that was given to my dad and the genuine concern that has been shown.

And now for a test of how strong my heart is for the next 45 minutes.
Hope he makes a full recovery soon and I hope that he is very happy when he finds out the final score of tonight's game!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A good tonic tonight!! Here's to a speedy recovery

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Glad to hear that your Dad is on the mend.

Hope he is back at the Amex soon.

I enjoyed reading your post too.

Mayo03

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

Hope your Dad is recovering well - good to hear. We were at the game and knew something had happened.

Hope he is well enough to see the boys again soon. Take care.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Im just glad it didn't happen at the withdean! I'm not being flippant, I just know the training and the equipment wouldnt have been there last season. Get Well Soon Bill.

Steward training is extensive and perhaps a little arduous - but if it contributes to saving just one person's life.....it's priceless, all worthwhile.
Great to know our stewards put the training into fruitful action.....along with the others who were involved of course.

Get well soon Albion pop, and get back to the Amex stands asap :thubsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports