[Albion] Amex expansion.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Nope, the ring of steel goes over the roofs via the arches and the north/south stands.

I was lucky enough to go on a stadium tour in a group, along with Martin Perry and Richard Hebbard around a year / 18 months before they finished the thing. They went into great detail on the structure design as we walked around what was then the shell of the stadium. They even gave us a little nose-tap as to the large flat exposed concourse-sized area in the East stand, where a few years later the 2nd tier would be built (but had not been officially 'declared' as we only had permission for 22,500 at that point). Fascinating tour.

I'm an absolute stadium NERD so this was utter nectar.

I was just going by a diagram I saw, perhaps it wasn’t labelled clear enough. Can’t remember where I saw it.

You might’ve guessed from my little model that I am also a bit of a stadium nerd :amex:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Work has already started...only joking :mad:
433C788A-F194-4676-A122-31B57EAD78B1.jpeg
35E8E915-473E-401A-AD8C-5F6B8B8FCECD.jpeg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Originally Posted by British Bulldog
There are times you wonder why we have local councils? All they ever do is object to things and waste a fortune of our council tax on constant meetings and expenses. Bit like MP's really.

Originally Posted by TugWilson
It makes me genuinely livid that these councils are so bloody ungrateful towards The Albion . 200 MILLION added to the local economy in one year because of The Albion and they bitch and whine over a few added seats , utter morons .

Still *cough* genuinely livid at your fabrication?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
How big will the new shelf in the North stand be compared to the one in the South? Pictured above back to front courtesy of BeHereNow

You can see from the previous model I made. It’s probably about a block wider and 3-4 rows deeper.

I think I got it pretty close to this:
89AACBF7-C4AC-491A-9EF7-0C5979BE0041.jpeg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Apart from the new north stand shelf & the north east corner box, is anything else being added?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nope, the ring of steel goes over the roofs via the arches and the north/south stands.

I was lucky enough to go on a stadium tour in a group, along with Martin Perry and Richard Hebbard around a year / 18 months before they finished the thing. They went into great detail on the structure design as we walked around what was then the shell of the stadium. They even gave us a little nose-tap as to the large flat exposed concourse-sized area in the East stand, where a few years later the 2nd tier would be built (but had not been officially 'declared' as we only had permission for 22,500 at that point). Fascinating tour.

I'm an absolute stadium NERD so this was utter nectar.

Most sports loving blokes?

(Sorry if that offends females).

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
So, without trawling through this entire thread, how many new seats are being added in total?

Post #557 states being increased to 32,750, so up by 2,000.

The planning application states a capacity of 32,500. Whether they can find room for 32,500 seats is another matter.

By my reckoning it's the only outstanding planning application from the Martin Perry era.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The risk is that large numbers might want to migrate from premium to halfway house.

It never occurred to me that 1901ers might want to go cheaper. I wouldn't mind going for a halfway offering (I'm in the East stand so would be upgrading) .

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Different reports seem to suggest somewhere between 1250 & 2000 new seats being added. So if say 50 are for the new box in the north east corner, and roughly 500 are for the north stand shelf, that means anywhere between 700 & 1450 seats being added elsewhere around the ground depending on which total is correct. Seems a lot to squeeze in. Has any work on those seat been started? Be interested to see exactly how those extras are going to fit in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So PB has confirmed that we’re almost up to 32k seats. I wonder if they’re installing them in phases and if all the extra ones will be there before next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports