[Albion] Amex expansion.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought PB said the capacity was ‘just under 32,000’, I might have been mistaken.

I was assuming that the target final capacity was around 32,500.

Someone in post #557 recently ascertained that the capacity would end up at 32,750 after these works.

Looks like it’s ended up c. 850 short of that.

Heads will roll.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, but the club have in effect confirmed that with the NS shelf and literally all works complete, just shy of 32k is the final capacity.

Surely that’s not quite right? They’ve added seats already to raise the capacity to approximately 32k, surely adding an additional tier on the North and North East corner will raise it again, or has that idea been scrapped?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely that’s not quite right? They’ve added seats already to raise the capacity to approximately 32k, surely adding an additional tier on the North and North East corner will raise it again, or has that idea been scrapped?

The c.1,150 new seats comprise:

350 NS shelf (see post #596)
50 NE lounge (post #600)
750 from filling random gaps, bunching up rows where there was unnecessary space.

That’s our lot.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

50 NE lounge (post #600)
750 from filling random gaps, bunching up rows where there was unnecessary space.

That’s our lot.
But they haven't built a new NS shelf (or lounge, presumably)? There's plans for one but the construction hasn't been done

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But they haven't built a new NS shelf (or lounge, presumably)? There's plans for one but the construction hasn't been done

See post #620. He’s a clever guy, his interpretation is that it’s complete now.

I’d be genuinely interested if you or someone else found out that works to come will take capacity to well over 32k.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Someone in post #557 recently ascertained that the capacity would end up at 32,750 after these works.

Looks like it’s ended up c. 850 short of that.

Heads will roll.

Or we’re all going to have to budge up

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

50 NE lounge (post #600)

That’s our lot.

I’m confused. The current capacity has been increased to nearly 32k by just adding additional seats around the stadium. There’s still the North Stand shelf and North East lounge to be added which, as you’ve said, will add another 400, so the total capacity is likely to be closer to 32.5k, right?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

I’d be genuinely interested if you or someone else found out that works to come will take capacity to well over 32k.
If you look back in this thread, there was originally a planning application submitted for the North Stand to be slightly reworked, with the big screen shifted and a new 'upper tier' similar to the one in the South Stand. The capacity they've found so far is without that new 'tier', so presumably if it's complete now the club have decided the costs aren't worth it (or planning permission was refused).

I am speculating though, i may be way off the mark.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Could be wrong but I thought Bozza was specifically talking about the additional seats which were being added that didn’t require major stadium alterations, not the additional building work for lounges, tiers etc.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It would nice to shave some of the field off near the ground just to park the buses About 50ft would be great for all the coaches.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m confused. The current capacity has been increased to nearly 32k by just adding additional seats around the stadium. There’s still the North Stand shelf and North East lounge to be added which, as you’ve said, will add another 400, so the total capacity is likely to be closer to 32.5k, right?

This would make sense.

Having just gone through various planning documents, the *application is for a maximum of 32,500.

I think you have it right, the approved North Stand Shelf & NE Lounge would take capacity close to or exactly to 32,500. From the drawings, the shelf sits in between the Control box and big screen with 5 rows. Plenty of room for 300+ seats.

*The main application is not marked as being decided?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We need a contractor who’s worked in the stadium lately, to post some pics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This would make sense.

Having just gone through various planning documents, the *application is for a maximum of 32,500.

I think you have it right, the approved North Stand Shelf & NE Lounge would take capacity close to or exactly to 32,500. From the drawings, the shelf sits in between the Control box and big screen with 5 rows. Plenty of room for 300+ seats.

*The main application is not marked as being decided?

PB said ‘just under 32k’ at the forum tonight I think.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
PB said ‘just under 32k’ at the forum tonight I think.

Indeed. Two theories on the capacity.

Theory 1: Capacity is 31,900ish with all work complete. All done. Fini!

Theory 2: All extra seats have been added to the existing structure; capacity now at 31,900ish.

But, north stand shelf & NE Box yet to be built along with 400-600 extra seats taking capacity up to 32,500 in line with planning application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports