Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Didn't Elliott say on the Albion Roar that Azure got rid of a large number of the original intake because they were incapable , inept , had an attitude problem , weren't customer focussed , etc etc ? I guess what they had left were mostly Uni students , having digs nearby would qualify them as living in BN and would tick the boxes to say the jobs are being taken by locals. Surely a business would know that most of them would go home at Xmas ? Although agency staff were drafted in I get the impression that corners were cut and to save on a couple of hours wages for each individual they were thrown in at the deep end.

This would ring true for the east stand yesterday but doesnt sort out why they ran out of coffee.

bn1 seagull

Dec 9, 2010
totally agree, i was one of the people that qued 20 minutes and when i got to the front the chicken and ham pies had run out. i asked if anymore where going to be cooked and the answer i got was 'not sure'

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Everything you say is true, we have not used The Amex catering since early September. I have sent an email to Ken Brown but he did not reply? At Gullys Gang party they even ran out of Balti Pies during the first session!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

Any caterer that is selling out of FOOD and DRINK 15 minutes before Kick off should be shot.

On par with a supermarket having nothing but celery and cat litter left on the shelves at 7pm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
MOST caterers probably make the judgement that selling out of food and drink is a sign of a profitable, successful business.

edit, point covered as I would have known if I'd been arsed to read the thread before I posted

Last edited:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
It seems the East is the main area of dissatifaction. If other areas are better I am pleased. I am primarily concerned about the lost revenue for the club.
i agree with US... East is useless...especially for those of us who have a fixed mode of transportation, therefore arrival and departure times are not flexible. arriving at 215pm SHOULD be plenty of time to secure a drink / pie etc.. if so required. it clearly isnt.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Gave up on azure now. I agree with every negative view on here. I can not believe people stick up for them.

However I think the young staff actually do a very good job. I always found them friendly and apologetic. It's the managers that have had half a season to work problems out and it just seemed to get worse every week.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yesterday I thought I would have my favourite veggie pie at 1.30 WSL. Due to admin cock-up, no veggie pies. However, enjoyed the best chicken & ham pie so far. Contained chicken & ham and was a nice temperature. Super Steve Jr chose the Balti pie and munched through half his pie before querying why no chicken. I pointed out it was one of the missing veggie pies!!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I got to the front and they didn't have any pies left, ask if I could wait for one the girl just replied "they are going to be ages"

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is the pie problem simply that Pig's Pantry can't cope with the demand to supply enough? They must be raking it in, so you would have thought they could afford to up their productivity!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not disagreeing with you. I was a victim of the "no pies / no Harveys / no Hophead / No guest ale" situation at 2.30pm in Dicks Bar yesterday. I was fortunate to be able to buy the LAST pie from the North Stand Pie and Pint counter at half time (ahead of people behind me who wanted to buy a pie). The general point I'm making about the caterers is that they are probably quite happy / complacent about the volume of sales.

As for considering myself to be "a spokesman for BHAFC" ... where do you get that idea? Complacency and taking people for granted seems to me to be at the heart of the Club's culture at the moment. This is but one example of it. I could list a dozen more.

I didn't mean to have a go Ed although I disagree with your comment. You are a large driving force for us being at the Amex in the first place and I remember how you OWNED Anne De Vechi at the public enquiry as I was there. I have never seen such a Tour De Force performance and for that you will always have my respect.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is the pie problem simply that Pig's Pantry can't cope with the demand to supply enough? They must be raking it in, so you would have thought they could afford to up their productivity!

No - the pies never actually sell out (the odd flavour might now and again) - the problem seems to be sustaining a steady supply so outlets don't temporarily run out whilst others are being cooked, heated or transported to the sales outlets.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To balance things the pre match meal in the restuarant I had in the East stand a few months ago was very good with attentive staff and good value and Dick's Bar during the week is an excellent venue with reasonably priced and tasty food and drink. However the standards in the East Stand during matchdays are terrible and getting worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports