Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we have never had a problem in the North, apart from they sometimes run out of balti pies. We usually go in at about 2.15.

One thing Gareth, have you sent a similarly worded rant to the club? That are probably better placed to respond, rather than the piss-taking bastards on here.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

ban the whitch....!!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I wil say for the THIRD time this is not the experience in the East Stand.

With all due respect that maybe YOUR experience, but it is NOT mine, and it will be said for at least the third time that it is also apparently NOT the experience of others. There are also apparently others who do agree with you, but instead of coming on here and trying to drum up support for YOUR point of view with hysteria and mello-drama, why don't you try engaging in some meaningful dialogue directly with the club about YOUR experiences.

I'm sure you'll find they'll be more receptive to the feedback than you think. However, you need to tell them first and give them a chance to respond before you criticise them for that too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With all due respect that maybe YOUR experience, but it is NOT mine, and it will be said for at least the third time that it is also apparently NOT the experience of others. There are also apparently others who do agree with you, but instead of coming on here and trying to drum up support for YOUR point of view with hysteria and mello-drama, why don't you try engaging in some meaningful dialogue directly with the club about YOUR experiences.

I'm sure you'll find they'll be more receptive to the feedback than you think. However, you need to tell them first and give them a chance to respond before you criticise them for that too.

There is no hysteria or melodrama in my post at all. I have sent an e mail to the boss at Azure.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So in summary it seems to be that there are few problems with catering in WSU and the North, but loads in the East.

Has Elliott Moore replied to your email highlighting your concerns, Gareth?

erm... other than the various complaints about the WSU seen on this thread and others?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The thing is, even if they don't care in the slightest for customer service, the caterers are seeing pure profit walk away every time someone decides not to make a purchase because the queues aren't moving or they don't have what they want in stock.

I agree entirely. As a family of 4 we made a conscious decision not to try and get food at the ground yesterday and eat before we went to the match. Its just been way to disorganised in recent matches to take the risk. So I know its not much but that's 4 pies/burgers that the caterers have missed out on. Okay its only £14 they lose which is less than one match ticket so perhaps not the highest priority in the world given the focus on extra seats.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
erm... other than the various complaints about the WSU seen on this thread and others?

I said 'few' not 'none'.

Gareth's experience in the East is not necessarily mirrored in the WSU. Despite his protestations in post no.63 (tea still being cleared up), his experience is not one I recognise, though others may do. Somewhere between what I (and others) experience and what he (and possibly others) experiences lies a better picture.

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
I must just say that I'm seated in the North Stand and am able to get a pie and pint before each game and have found it a very speedy service.

Just to backup up US's points, the East catering was a new low yesterday. Got in the queue at 2pm, served at 2:40. My wife sought out the manager to have a moan and he complained that the students are still on holiday and the agency staff he's ordered all arrived late, then had no time for till training. I've got a small amount of sympathy with him here, but these people serving (agency or otherwise) were shockingly slow, and unmotivated. the young bloke serving our queue looked stoned. The no Harvey's, flat 1664, no Chicken pie scenario made it worse, but the whole thing was clearly in disarray.
It had been improving, only slightly, but yesterday was rubbish. We did get a few discounted pies as consolation from the manager though.

Think Azure should be looking to pay better wages, get higher motivated and skilled staff in, and they could turn over triple the takings and still be quids in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It seems the East is the main area of dissatifaction. If other areas are better I am pleased. I am primarily concerned about the lost revenue for the club.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The WSU is OK, not brilliant but OK. It seems all the problems are in the East Stand. Maybe it's not a priority area for beers and pie being the family stand?

As for the vans at the Station, I think the one directly opposite the entrance gets away with it as he's stationed on a residential bit of land (presumably he is the householder or gets permission- good thinking), and I assume the other gets permission from Southern Rail?

I'm not sure where Albion's land starts and ends, it would be interesting to see as clearly they wont allow any on their land so if that extends right up to the Station might be difficult getting your own van!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I will start my tour of the amex next week with a ticket in the wsu - followed by a visit to one of the boxes for the game after. That will give me the opportunity to see if the east is getting the lower end of the service proposition.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There is no hysteria or melodrama in my post at all. I have sent an e mail to the boss at Azure.

Why don't I start with the thread title? I'll go on if you want me to given that your issues, AGAIN, are not the experience of everybody.

However, good for you for actually sending a note to the chiefs at Azure. If they don't respond, by all means, escalate it to the club (in fact, they'd probably like to know about it now!). This is YOUR fight for now, so a little less dummy-throwing and more engagement of those who are having similar experiences will probably gain you more support than piss-taking.

Just a suggestion like.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Im 50 / 50 on the issue, I buy the fosters bottles from the walk up bars and there is never more than 2 or 3 people in front of me and its very quick, if i fancy one the lovely chicken pies, thats a different issue all together and can take most of half time to get one which means I then dont get a bottle as I dont have time to drink it.

For the record the NS had pies available after the game yesterday as I grabbed one on the way out!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm still awaiting my first taste of the fabled chiken balti pie. They advertise this mystical pie at all the food counters and yet everytime I've requested one I've been met with the same answer..."sorry we haven't got any". Does this pie actually exist?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It seems the East is the main area of dissatifaction. If other areas are better I am pleased. I am primarily concerned about the lost revenue for the club.

Rubbish, and neither should you be. It's not your problem, your experiences are as a customer, not as a fund-raiser for the Albion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why don't I start with the thread title? I'll go on if you want me to given that your issues, AGAIN, are not the experience of everybody.

However, good for you for actually sending a note to the chiefs at Azure. If they don't respond, by all means, escalate it to the club (in fact, they'd probably like to know about it now!). This is YOUR fight for now, so a little less dummy-throwing and more engagement of those who are having similar experiences will probably gain you more support than piss-taking.

Just a suggestion like.

Thanks for the advice. I do not however, feel the thread title was hysteria or that threre is any hysteria in the comments.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
[/B]

Rubbish, and neither should you be. It's not your problem, your experiences are as a customer, not as a fund-raiser for the Albion.

I couldn't disagree more.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It seems the East is the main area of dissatifaction.If other areas are better I am pleased. I am primarily concerned about the lost revenue for the club.

We're in H block WSU and have not noticed any improvement in the catering service. Arrived on the concourse at 14:25 yesterday to be faced with queues about 15 deep at each service point. Took nearly 20 mins to get served, no Balti or Veg pies and took about 4 mins to get a pint of Harveys. And the WSU toilets are a nightmare, why the hell they don't they introduce an IN/OUT system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports