Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Amazon to Stop Accepting UK Issued Visa Credit Cards from January

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a load of <censored>.

Yes, big multi-nationals find it more difficult, and a longer process, to transition into Agile. But making a claim like that ... wow, that's just ... I'm lost for words. As a Product Manager it really dismays me to see that someone appears to genuinely believe this nonsense.

Agreed. Used it in my last firm often enough...........300,000 staff

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I expect some moaning git will be along any second to blame it all on Brexit again! How predictable and boring.

https://www.export.org.uk/news/5567...rges-for-UK-customers-operating-in-the-EU.htm

Oh what do you know yet another overpriced batch of pre-owned sovereignty added to the pile. The project fear mountain is starting to rival the once fabled EU butter mountain in size.

Rather hard to know which side you're coming down on with all the sarcasm liberally sprinkled around :lolol:

But it does indeed appear from everything written on here that this couldn't have happened without Brexit. However as Amazon aren't accepting Visa credit cards you and I will not need to cover the higher cost (although we might when using Mastercard. Who knows anymore :shrug:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a load of <censored>.

Yes, big multi-nationals find it more difficult, and a longer process, to transition into Agile. But making a claim like that ... wow, that's just ... I'm lost for words. As a Product Manager it really dismays me to see that someone appears to genuinely believe this nonsense.

Agreed. IMO he's conflating Agile with Scrum, which ignores the fact that there are plenty of other proven Agile methodologies that work well with larger firms and projects.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Amazon have just emailed me to say the expected change on the 19th January is no longer taking place.

Predictable standard big business BS - but at least I got my free £20 for swapping my card!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Amazon have just emailed me to say the expected change on the 19th January is no longer taking place.

Predictable standard big business BS - but at least I got my free £20 for swapping my card!

Yes that that email should have hit everyone's email today. And as many predicted it was just a game of brinkmanship and who would blink first

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With a cash-back Visa card that I use to buy EVERYTHING on I took the advice of taking out an Amazon Mastercard.
This came with a £40 credit off my Amazon order just before Xmas and will now be cut up and never to be used.
I hope Amazon gave away thousands of £40 to people who reacted to their business muscle-flexing bullshit !

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

I got my £20 just in time too :lol:

I've now deleted the Mastercard I added to get my £20 and re-added the cash back Visa card I use :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here