Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those that voted UKIP in the Local Elections, will you vote again?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Actually when you look at the overall economic picture I don't think anybody is really any better off because of immigration? Seems to me the areas that people live in have just got busier that is all, which in turn on some areas has created extra pressures on services.

A succesful immigration policy is one where we only take best people, the ones who can make a proper contribution to the system for example doctors, nurses, teachers, business people who are going to start large businesses and create hundreds of jobs for local people and one where people don't need to fall back on our benefits system to help them live. What is the point of someone coming here to end up in a minimum wage job. Is what I say fair?

Personally I'd dispute that definition of a successful immigration policy. Unless we are talking about countries that have a surfeit of professionals then it is morally wrong to attract doctors, nurses, teachers etc. We can afford to educate individuals to fill those sort of jobs, many of the countries that these types of immigrants come from can't and we are stripping them of their brightest and best educated.

We need those workers willing to work hard for what many indigenous British consider to be a paltry wage - the tourist industry, hotels, catering, crop picking etc. would fold without these workers.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If we can afford to educate individuals why do to individuals have to pay to go to university to get educated? If they have paid themselves they can go wherever they like to earn money, they do not owe the country they were educated in anything at all.

You appear to misunderstand my post - I am not talking about students from here or other developed Western countries leaving to work elsewhere in the world - quite the opposite.

The countries that many of our doctors, nurses and other professionals come from are in desperate need of their skills. India for example centrally finance their universities, (students pay about 10% of the course costs). Likewise with their medical schools. As a country they are in desperate need for graduates from these institutions and yet many leave the country encouraged by richer nations to take up better paid jobs in the West.

Despite this many say we should only accept immigrants who can fill these types of jobs - I don't see the moral authority for this standpoint.

D

Deleted member 22389

You may well be mate , that doesn't alter the fact that your post was at best sensationalist ,totally innacurate rubbish, and a barefaced lie at worst :thumbsup:

Soon we will be heading for Swedish system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here