Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those that voted UKIP in the Local Elections, will you vote again?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I think you would agree that Europe and immigration are the overriding arguments for voting UKIP. The consequences for voting UKIP in parish/town/county elections, where they have no influence at all over either of these matters, is that it throws a spanner in the works of local government. I am sure some people would see this as a good thing. Adur unlike Brighton and Hove has been running quite well for the last few years and I think it is unfortunate that local government has been dragged into this argument.

I don't see throwing the spanner in the works as a good thing whatsoever, everyone needs to work together so I can see your frustration here. It sounds like a silly little issue than can easily be resolved. If UKIP want to get serious then they need to be working harder at local level and address issues local people have.

It wouldn't put me off from voting UKIP, because I feel immigration and the EU effects us all on a much higher level.

D

Deleted member 22389

Something ive overheard Czechs saying when watching British tourists in the city.

Biggest difference is Dave they spend lots of money, the people running the bars must be very happy, but at least after the weekend they all leave. Not the same as what is going on in the UK is it, where people arrive with nothing and then become a burden on our system. You really cannot compare the two.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Apart from some serious concerns regarding their racism UKIP are hands down the most corrupt, disingenuous, money grubbing political party in the running. Not that they really are in the running because they actually cannot win at a national level but you get my meaning.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
All those that voted UKIP in the local elections, afterwards the other parties said they would sit up and listen to the concerns of UKIP voters, so have the other parties done anything to restore your faith since then? For me nothing has changed, so I will be voting for UKIP again.

I'd say 5% of them are dead by now.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Biggest difference is Dave they spend lots of money, the people running the bars must be very happy, but at least after the weekend they all leave. Not the same as what is going on in the UK is it, where people arrive with nothing and then become a burden on our system. You really cannot compare the two.

Not the same... well, an unattributed random post means nothing really does it... you keep saying a burden, but every survey or report I see differs from your view.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I voted UKIP to register my growing concern over the amount of immigrants coming to the UK and the excessive powers the EU have with making decisions for the UK , European court of human rights for one , and you can't dismiss the fact that a lot of other people did the same , this has made the Tories and other parties take note and they couldn't push the results and feelings of a lot of UK people aside . For me it has done the job . If the other parties go back on their word then I will vote for them again and I don't read the Daily Express .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'm currently working in Canary Wharf, 80% of the bankers are from overseas, but none of them are a burden on our system that I can see.

You are being oversimplistic in saying that all foreigners are in it for benefits, it destroys any credibility you seek for your argument.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm currently working in Canary Wharf, 80% of the bankers are from overseas, but none of them are a burden on our system that I can see.

You are being oversimplistic in saying that all foreigners are in it for benefits, it destroys any credibility you seek for your argument.

Did you read my earlier post about only taking the very best in immigration. We just don't people here who end up taking more out than they actually put in. What use is it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The reports and surveys Dave are mostly propaganda , you should realise it now that countries in the West use it a lot .

and the statements that immigrants are a burden is what?
Lies? You should realise it now that right wing parties in the west use them a lot.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What are your views on the NIESR report that stated that the Tory immigration proposals would cut economic growth by 11%?

We need to properly educate the people in THIS country. Then we'll have the skills we need here without importing more foreigners.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Did you read my earlier post about only taking the very best in immigration. We just don't people here who end up taking more out than they actually put in. What use is it.

Can you give me some figures to back up how many take out more than they put in? Serious request.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

firstly , how about bollocks , you are quite simply telling lies and gambling that nobody on here knows or works in canary wharf , unfortunately I do , and 80 % is total and utter fabrication, and secondly we both know it not the high earners that are his concern, its the low skilled workers undercutting the British workforce that are the case in point.

http://migrationwatchuk.org.uk/briefingPaper/document/7

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I voted UKIP to register my growing concern over the amount of immigrants coming to the UK and the excessive powers the EU have with making decisions for the UK , European court of human rights for one , and you can't dismiss the fact that a lot of other people did the same , this has made the Tories and other parties take note and they couldn't push the results and feelings of a lot of UK people aside . For me it has done the job . If the other parties go back on their word then I will vote for them again and I don't read the Daily Express .
I might be completely wrong but I'm pretty sure that the EU and the European Court of Human Rights are two entirely separate entities.

Even if we were to leave the EU, we'd still be bound to the human rights legislation that we've signed up to. Personally, I'm quite glad about that.

Just to re-iterate, I may be wrong...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I might be completely wrong but I'm pretty sure that the EU and the European Court of Human Rights are two entirely separate entities.

Even if we were to leave the EU, we'd still be bound to the human rights legislation that we've signed up to. Personally, I'm quite glad about that.

Just to re-iterate, I may be wrong...

You're not wrong, they're totally separate entities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here