Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Confusingly the Champions League draw for the same stage did take place today

Typical UEFA
Because there is no play off round in the Champions League, they go straight into the last 16. The games are spread over a month with first legs taking place on 13th-14th Feb and 20-21st Feb and the away legs taking place on 5-6th and 12-13th March. This means Champions League last 16 games will be taking place the same weeks as the Europe League play off round and the last 16 round.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
They could easily change that though and make the draw in advance with the associations restriction in place - such that if Roma/Milan can't play Atalanta in R16 then whoever is drawn against them in the PO can't either. Makes it so that Feyernoord and Rennes can't face 2 teams from the same country in succession as well, which improves things. I think?
They can’t really can they. The outcome of who could play who could look very different, e.g. what if Atalanta get knocked out in the R32. It needs to happen like this due to UEFA’s own over complicated R16 draw rules.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
They can’t really can they. The outcome of who could play who could look very different, e.g. what if Atalanta get knocked out in the R32. It needs to happen like this due to UEFA’s own over complicated R16 draw rules.
Atalanta aren't in the R32, they're already qualified with us, non?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
How many flights on a Wednesday are there to Baku?

Options may be very limited for some games....
1702910771860.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many flights on a Wednesday are there to Baku?

Options may be very limited for some games....
But none will be sold out, so the options will still be the same.

You could always just buy tickets to Turkey now and gloat come February!!!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This a very honest post. Fair play.

I found Baku incredibly interesting, a strange mix of cultures (mainly post Soviet Union and Muslim) plus the oil money, friendly people etc. One of my favorite restaurant stories is struggling to order so the waiter took me into the kitchen where I perused the work stations and the fridge and pointed to what we wanted. At the end the owner joined us with free pints of lager which he kept topped up with vodka.
Similar restaurant experiences (without the vodka) in rural China back in the early 90s. Invited into kitchen, picked stuff out of cupboards and fridge. 20 minutes later, something delicious would turn up at the table.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can we play a team we had in our group - ie can we get Marseille again? Presumably not..

Any one of the French clubs not Marseilles please

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Any one of the French clubs not Marseilles please
We need Marseille to go out against Shakhtar. Doubly good news. Hamburg should be relatively easy to get a ticket for + the RDZ connection + it’s a party city. My preferences are still Benfica and Milan. I hear what people are saying about Baku but a mad scramble for flights isn’t what I want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here