Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So should the club be informed? Do they check the web page?

They have not edited the NEC page.

I am sure the club have bigger things to deal with than a rouge edit of a couple of Wikipedia pages, especially seeing as the club have no authority over the wikipages anyway. The fact the changes made quote no reference/citation means they will be removed fairly quickly anyway.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
What really saddens me is that we've had 38 pages of debate about a player that 99% of us had never heard of before the rumour, so no one's got any real idea of whether he's actually any good or not and it looks like he's going elsewhere anyway. That's a really sad indictment of where we are at as a club. Fans getting 'excited' about some nobody and the club unable secure his services. God help us if we actually try and sign anyone decent this window.

Had you heard of Ulloa or Kayal before they got signed? Alright we're not signing the likes of Darren Bent (at the moment) and there have been foreign signings that haven't worked out (last season being a particularly bad example of this) but just 'cos you haven't heard of someone doesn't mean they aren't any good.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aye. If it was in English, it would say:

"He's only interested in a big club in Holland, unless a medium or large Prem/Serie A club comes in - in which case he'll go there. Meanwhile, he is still treating Brighton in the English Championship as complete mugs by using them as a bargaining chip by pretending to be interested in their plans and ambitions"

Personally I hope he breaks his leg.

So, you want a young player who hasn't even spoken to our club, to get a possible career ending injury, cos he wants a bigger club

Classy

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, you want a young player who hasn't even spoken to our club, to get a possible career ending injury, cos he wants a bigger club

Classy
Christ, what a precious little fella you are. To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other. I've never heard of him. I just don't like my club being used as a bargaining chip, which is blatantly the case.

Am I going to need to clarify every little thing for you going forward, just in case I offend your middle class sensibilities? Why don't you write the guy a letter just to ensure that he knows that nasty Simster off the internet doesn't speak for you?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Had you heard of Ulloa or Kayal before they got signed? Alright we're not signing the likes of Darren Bent (at the moment) and there have been foreign signings that haven't worked out (last season being a particularly bad example of this) but just 'cos you haven't heard of someone doesn't mean they aren't any good.

Agreed. My point isn't that I think he's crap, my point is that if it is this difficult to sign someone no one's heard of, we've got fook all chance of signing anyone decent that we might have heard of.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So simple fact is nobody knows anything but that doesn't stop the usual suspects moaning a lot.

As with last summer, why not wait and see what happens? With all the doom merchants gloating about how right they were last summer, the truth has been lost. Very few people said it will all be okay. All that was said was to wait and see what happens rather than moaning constantly all summer. If pre season starts and we still haven't made any signings, then it might be time to panic but not in early June.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
This is playing out like a player and agent who are mugging us off waiting for a bigger club to come in - and nobody else appears to have actually bid, regardless of any scouting/casual interest. That's frustrating but anyone using it to knock the club is just being an idiot. How is it "a lack of ambition"? We've agreed a 7-figure fee to sign a player that may choose instead to go to a club who can offer top flight and/or European football. If that's what he wants then we're out of the race, full stop. So should the club NOT have bid for him? Isn't THAT a lack of ambition? The club are clearly making early moves - we've been rumoured to be interested in half a dozen or so players, and appear to have formally approached at least two - and the window isn't open yet. How about being disappointed that this looks like a mercenary using us as bait, but not twisting that round to somehow criticise the club? The misers on this board and fb/twitter etc need to cheer the F up. It's beautiful outside. Have a beer and shut up with your incessant moaning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is playing out like a player and agent who are mugging us off waiting for a bigger club to come in - and nobody else appears to have actually bid, regardless of any scouting/casual interest. That's frustrating but anyone using it to knock the club is just being an idiot. How is it "a lack of ambition"? We've agreed a 7-figure fee to sign a player that may choose instead to go to a club who can offer top flight and/or European football. If that's what he wants then we're out of the race, full stop. So should the club NOT have bid for him? Isn't THAT a lack of ambition? The club are clearly making early moves - we've been rumoured to be interested in half a dozen or so players, and appear to have formally approached at least two - and the window isn't open yet. How about being disappointed that this looks like a mercenary using us as bait, but not twisting that round to somehow criticise the club? The misers on this board and fb/twitter etc need to cheer the F up. It's beautiful outside. Have a beer and shut up with your incessant moaning.

Top bombing.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Spot on, there are plenty of good players on the market, unfortunately as a club we can not offer them what they want. A lot of money and PL football. Where the club do themselves no favours, is keeping harping on about FFP, it sends the wrong message out to potential players who might be interested.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
IMG_0627.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here