Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SAC

May 21, 2014
Of course he is, he doesn't understand why we can't compete with top tier clubs in respective leagues. We should be able to challenge Spartan Moscow! We can't promise champions league football, but we can the league cup.

If it was me, I would prefer to play in the Championship and live in England as opposed to playing for Spartan and living in Russia. However if it was between England and Holland, I'd go for whoever was offering me the most money.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The more a players agent tries to put pressure on clubs by leaking stuff to the media - the less likely we are to sign that player. I think this one may be dead, It seems the agent is looking for a transfer around August rather than any time soon. Plenty of time to increase his cut and the deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
This happens every season. We are linked with a player, everyone gets excited, he signs for a club with more ambition. Same with Kostic last year. Honestly, can we trust Hughton, with his charisma, to convince ANY decent player that Brighton is the place to be? I really don't think we can. Time to get ready for a long summer of disappointment again I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Of course he is, he doesn't understand why we can't compete with top tier clubs in respective leagues. We should be able to challenge Spartan Moscow! We can't promise champions league football, but we can the league cup.
Please don't speak for me, particularly if you get it so spectacularly wrong.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
well gobshite poyet got players here, and that was before we got to play-offs 2 years running ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I assume you're both saying you've 'heard' it def ain't happening?

No. I haven't heard Lionel Messi def ain't happening either.

But in the same way that I can make an educated guess that Messi wouldn't want to sign for us, I am able to read the drivel in these reports put out by his agent and these feeble soundbites and conclude that he is not interested in the slightest in signing for us.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
What really saddens me is that we've had 38 pages of debate about a player that 99% of us had never heard of before the rumour, so no one's got any real idea of whether he's actually any good or not and it looks like he's going elsewhere anyway. That's a really sad indictment of where we are at as a club. Fans getting 'excited' about some nobody and the club unable secure his services. God help us if we actually try and sign anyone decent this window.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This happens every season. We are linked with a player, everyone gets excited, he signs for a club with more ambition. Same with Kostic last year. Honestly, can we trust Hughton, with his charisma, to convince ANY decent player that Brighton is the place to be? I really don't think we can. Time to get ready for a long summer of disappointment again I think.
You didn't really believe the Kostic rumour did you?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

All the wiki edits were been made by the same person yesterday, they've also made an edit to the Iran Nation Football team page and a page called Barmakids in the last few days. No reference has been given for the Brighton stories so I suspect it someone mucking about at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
All the wiki edits were been made by the same person yesterday, they've also made an edit to the Iran Nation Football team page and a page called Barmakids in the last few days. No reference has been given for the Brighton stories so I suspect it someone mucking about at the moment.

So should the club be informed? Do they check the web page?

They have not edited the NEC page.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So should the club be informed? Do they check the web page?

They have not edited the NEC page.

I don't think the club own or update their own wikipedia entry - it is after all accessible to everyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports