Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - Welcome To The Premier League

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What an odd thing to say about 25 year old, 20 international cap, former Sampdoria and Sporting Lisbon player, Bruno Fernandez.
Throw him we have a habit of being over cautious, Lamptey made the Chelsea bench yet can’t make ours? Makes no sense plus he’s rapid something we are badly lacking.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Throw him we have a habit of being over cautious, Lamptey made the Chelsea bench yet can’t make ours? Makes no sense plus he’s rapid something we are badly lacking.

It makes no sense to not 'throw him in' considering what the club went through to bring him here for the run in.

But likening him to Bruno Fernandez, in order to prove your point, makes even less sense

Lamptey will be in contention to start, or potentially even the clubs only right back, at the start of next season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not forgetting the fee of €55M, potentially rising to €80M with bonuses.

We paid €6M (?) for Ally Mac...?

$10 million I believe???

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Solly March

I see the logic in Solly and Trossard on the wing...they can both take the ball deep they help with posession % which contributes to the game plan, but the crossing isn't consistent enough and aside from Glenn we don't have strikers who can capitalise on a good cross.

If this was the season for Solly to prove himself at this level regretfully I am not convinced. However his role may be purely posession in the width until the substitute who can play direct and offer a more attacking threat. I think asking Mac to do that for 90 minutes is a big risk, but perhaps build his second half appearance to 30 minutes. Potter wasn't too far wrong with Saturday's game plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here