[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - Welcome To The Premier League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would drop Trossard and Propper. Trossard has done well coming off the bench. I'd start Alzate in place of Propper and AJ in place of Trossard (playing him more as a striker alongside Maupay, as Maupay doesn't seem to do well up front on his own). And I'd stick Burn in his natural CB positiona and play Bernardo at LB.

AJ Maupay
MacA
Mooy Bissouma Alzate
Bernardo Burn Dunk Montoya
Ryan

edit: actually I'd probably prefer Dunk-Duffy partnership at CB, at least Duffy might get us some goals from set pieces, we miss his aerial threat.

So apart from that you wouldn’t tinker with the side too much

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would drop Trossard and Propper.

I stopped reading there. Did you SEE Propper yesterday ? He was absolutely outstanding, and I say this having been a harsh critic of his in the past. Thats the Propper I want to see every week, he was everywhere, demanding the ball, spraying it around, lots of neat little touches in tight situations, he was at his silky best.

Biss was the clear MOTM, but Davy wasn't far behind.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I would drop Trossard and Propper. Trossard has done well coming off the bench. I'd start Alzate in place of Propper and AJ in place of Trossard (playing him more as a striker alongside Maupay, as Maupay doesn't seem to do well up front on his own). And I'd stick Burn in his natural CB positiona and play Bernardo at LB.

AJ Maupay
MacA
Mooy Bissouma Alzate
Bernardo Burn Dunk Montoya
Ryan

edit: actually I'd probably prefer Dunk-Duffy partnership at CB, at least Duffy might get us some goals from set pieces, we miss his aerial threat.

Webster has offered a goal threat this year. 3 in the league, 5 in all matches. Duffy got 5 last year but none the previous season.

The complete lack of corners yesterday made it hard for any of our defenders to get involved in an attacking sense.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Trossard who created 3 great chances yesterday ?

Alzate in I agree with, for Mooy
Ali J in for March
Only reason I'd drop Trossard is 2 have to up front as I don't think Maupay is that effective up front on his own and Ali can play as a striker. Plus Trossard can be effective coming off the bench.

Otherwise I suppose you could play all 3 (MacA, Trossard and Ali) in a 4411 with Trossard and Ali on the wings, Alzate/Mooy and Biss in the middle, MacA behind Maupay. Just don't think Maupay is that effective as the lone striker though

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Oly glaring negative about mac is that he's another slowwwwww player

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Trossard is one of those players who may be absent for 89 mins of the 90 but he will always provide a couple of goal scoring opportunities, yesterday being case in point. If Solly puts that chance away we are all saying what a good game he has had. For that reason alone he should play. I’d have a front 3 of Maupay, Trossard and Mac, the latter two having a bit of a free role.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Assume March will be left out and if Potter wants a wide player will be replaced by Ali J who deserves a go
Would think if Macallister plays he will play as much needed no 10 to support Maupay.. That will mean leaving Trossard or Mooy out.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think Mooy has to play, pushed up ahead of a midfield two which now looks like it’s Propper and Bissouma. Whilst he’s not on top form, he’s one of those who can make a bit of time on the ball and pick a pass. For me, he plays.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I agree. Mooy has to play but someone has to motivate him to play well.
He is a great asset when on his game.
Somebody needs to do something to make him perform at his best again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The "Mooy has been bad" thing is still going I see, despite absolutely no measurable evidence of him doing worse than he did before. Cant see him getting benched, he is together with Maupay our best and most consistent player. Trossard is far more likely to be in the danger zone despite his match winning capabilities.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The "Mooy has been bad" thing is still going I see, despite absolutely no measurable evidence of him doing worse than he did before. Cant see him getting benched, he is together with Maupay our best and most consistent player. Trossard is far more likely to be in the danger zone despite his match winning capabilities.

Mooy has been much too slow of thought and movement recently, we need someone who thinks quickly and makes things happen. I hope Mac Allister gets the chance next weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports