Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - Welcome To The Premier League

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The "Mooy has been bad" thing is still going I see, despite absolutely no measurable evidence of him doing worse than he did before. Cant see him getting benched, he is together with Maupay our best and most consistent player. Trossard is far more likely to be in the danger zone despite his match winning capabilities.

Anyone with eyes can see Mooy's performances have dropped off recently. That's not to say he's bad, just that he's lost a bit of dynamism. Pre-January he was electric.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Only a glimpse, but you could see that he could have a bit of a world class about him. There were moments where you could see he could read the game on another level. A half-second ahead of the rest of our players. The last time we saw that was with Vicente.

I know it's just a glimpse, but I do predict he will be a top player, probably at a different club; but if we stay up, you never know, it could be with us.

I think Mustafa is getting a bit of unfair stick for this comment. Yes it is obviously quite early to label him as world class (whatever that actually means anyway?!) but I know what he’s trying to say.

In a similar way that you could see Alzate was going to be a quality player just a few minutes into his debut against Newcastle, you could see yesterday that Mac has a touch and awareness that is way above most players around him. He’s going to be the real deal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought Solly's chance, 'blazed over', was a very tough chance

So did I. He’s getting a lot of unfair criticism for that and his overall performance yesterday, I thought he did ok.

His miss against Palace was far worse but again, he did ok in that game too I felt.

I’d go against the grain and start both him and Trossard again against Arsenal and bring Mac in for Mooy and push him further forward to support Maupay more.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Messi joined Barcelona at the age of 13, he didn’t make his debut for the first team until he was 17, it’s not a good comparison.

100% know it wasn’t but the number 10 young Argentinian aspect was too tempting to resist...

But still it’s hugely frustrating we over protect new signings - always have done and it’s not I suspect down to the manager as it’s been a theme for ages (Garcia, Hyypia, Hughton and now Potter).

The only consistency I can think of is the medical department protecting them through sports science which is great and all but players want to play and we need the points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mooy has been much too slow of thought and movement recently, we need someone who thinks quickly and makes things happen. I hope Mac Allister gets the chance next weekend.

I (mainly) disagree. Ok, yes he was perhaps a bit more mindless (in the good sense) before problems started, but still... He finds Maupay in spaces others fail to do. Every game Mooy is by far the player who finds most succesfull passes to players in the final third. No one plays the ball forward as much as he do and his pass completion rate is excellent for a playmaker. He does not have many assists to his name this season, but I think if you look at the pass before the assist, its just great.

I definitely think he needs to play, but would still find it exciting to see Mac Allister at the same time. The thought of having more playmates for Mooy in his attempts to play tidy, combination-centric football makes me drool and Allister seems to be a player capable of that style.

Trossard, Maupay, Mac Allister with Mooy behind them would be very exciting, even more so if Trossard stops hiding.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I (mainly) disagree. Ok, yes he was perhaps a bit more mindless (in the good sense) before problems started, but still... He finds Maupay in spaces others fail to do. Every game Mooy is by far the player who finds most succesfull passes to players in the final third. No one plays the ball forward as much as he do and his pass completion rate is excellent for a playmaker. He does not have many assists to his name this season, but I think if you look at the pass before the assist, its just great.

I definitely think he needs to play, but would still find it exciting to see Mac Allister at the same time. The thought of having more playmates for Mooy in his attempts to play tidy, combination-centric football makes me drool and Allister seems to be a player capable of that style.

Trossard, Maupay, Mac Allister with Mooy behind them would be very exciting, even more so if Trossard stops hiding.

Trossard supplies most of the balls that lead to goal scoring chances, as well as three goals and three assists :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mooy has been much too slow of thought and movement recently, we need someone who thinks quickly and makes things happen. I hope Mac Allister gets the chance next weekend.

Aaron Mooy though, on his day, can be virtually unplayable, l'd be loathe to drop him for someone with no Premier League experience whatsoever, save that 10 minute cameo role at Molyneaux.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Aaron Mooy though, on his day, can be virtually unplayable, l'd be loathe to drop him for someone with no Premier League experience whatsoever, save that 10 minute cameo role at Molyneaux.

Fortune favours the brave :wink:

How we could do with some fortune

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So did I. He’s getting a lot of unfair criticism for that and his overall performance yesterday, I thought he did ok.

His miss against Palace was far worse but again, he did ok in that game too I felt.

I’d go against the grain and start both him and Trossard again against Arsenal and bring Mac in for Mooy and push him further forward to support Maupay more.
He did ok? He was bullied by the full back all game unless I’m missing something:shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
MacAllister has to start. We won't survive purely by plucky draws, we need wins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst a breath of fresh air, let’s not put the lad under insane amounts of pressure as has been done to other relative newcomers.

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I agree with that. Solly puts in a fair amount of defensive work too. I would say that many established strikers would have missed that chance....the ball coming at pace from that angle, and trying to wrap your foot round it.
Re Trossard, he does create chances and I think Potter will keep him in for the home game. Let's see.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Trossard supplies most of the balls that lead to goal scoring chances, as well as three goals and three assists :shrug:

Save your words, Swansman was telling me in another thread about how good Mooy has been recently, and refused to acknowledge his dismal showing against Palace.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
MacAllister has to start. We won't survive purely by plucky draws, we need wins.

Indeed time to roll the dice, despite Arsenal's recent good form they aren't really that good. Wolves by comparison a far better side

I'm sure the young lad will be excited by the challenge

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man Utd played Bruno F from day one none of this breaking in shite and he has transformed them, let’s hope Mac can do the same for us.

What an odd thing to say about 25 year old, 20 international cap, former Sampdoria and Sporting Lisbon player, Bruno Fernandez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here