Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister: Albion legend?

Is Alexis Mac Allister an Albion club legend?

• Of course he is!

Votes: 144 52.6%
  • Nah.

Votes: 130 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Only if he returns for a stint in the twilight years of his career
I always thought that Bobby would come back and that he was only out " on loan " !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last minute pen against Man Utd....
Yes, a penalty. 8 out of the eleven on the pitch could have scored that from the spot and cemented " Legend " status surely ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, a penalty. 8 out of the eleven on the pitch could have scored that from the spot and cemented " Legend " status surely ?
Oh, I thought you simply said "not sure I can recall many memorable goals".

My mistake (bothering to respond).

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
This is something judged with hindsight. If we go into decline then he will be a legend as being here at the peak, think Peter ward. If we go onto better things he could become the Talisman of when we soared to greatness. So yes, either way I think he will be.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh, I thought you simply said "not sure I can recall many memorable goals".

My mistake (bothering to respond).
I'm thinking classy finishes, thunderbolt shots, cheeky chips and Mitoma's goal against Liverpool.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm thinking classy finishes, thunderbolt shots, cheeky chips and Mitoma's goal against Liverpool.
The Liecester free kick? The best goal ever he scored just before that was ruled out?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think he'll be remembered as a 'great player' and the first ever (and maybe only) 'world cup winner' to play for us.

But ultimately, like Mark Lawrenson, he'll be remembered as a great player and not a 'legend'. (I mean the Holy Trinity of Lewis, Solly and Pascal have all played more games, at a higher level, than Lawrenson). There were three legends in our team last season, and all being well, this season as well, and surely that is enough for anyone.

Sorry, but AliMac is not amongst them. Still love him though as a footballer and person :love:

*edit* See the post below. Genuinely lovely bloke :thumbsup:

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
People like Dunky and Solly are my legends I don't ask for much but these two have given their lives to the club i love there may be others like the tea lady whose been there for 30 years (if indeed one has) obviously Mr Bloom. But someone turning up for a few seasons on massive wages nah ! Bobby came back so i'm ok with that.

Edit: A lot of you Guys and Girls are also legends for all your service and i respect you for your dedication to the club and making me proud to be a Brighton supporter I raise my glass to you.

Yes i understand what the op meant :bloom:

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
I asked my 12yo (who comes to every game with me) this question.
He didn't hesitate to reply that yes of course he is a legend.
His quote was " When I'm an old man like you, and I am taking my own son to a game for his first time, on the way there I will be telling him about the day I was there to see a player who had won the world cup be welcomed home and I will tell him of the time that I looked at you and saw the tears in your eyes and that moment changed football for me forever. Yes of course he is a legend"
I can't argue with that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He may not have been our best player (although not half bad, to be fair) but he won the World Cup whilst playing for the Albion. First to do so, so maybe that makes him a legend. Dunno, really.
He came to us from the oher side of the world, in difficut circumstances (lockdown), worked hard, did everything asked of him and (eventually) became a very good PL player for us. In his tme as an Albion player he also won the World Cup (the lad he was playing with in midfied was sold for £105M, give or take) so great kudis to both Alexis and the club.

He left us after a pretty short Albion career to join one of the biggest clubs in the world - unfortuantely for a bargain basement fee (we all know the reasons and circumstances why, and don't need a lecture about it - whichever way you want to nuance it, Liverpool got one hell of a bargain - and they think so too). That doesn't diminish the pleasure we had from him playing for us.

Bloody good player, glad to have had him for a short time, truly hope he has a stellar career (except against us!) at the big club he's gone to - but at the end of the day, it was a short Abion career, So, Albion legend? No.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
His quote was " When I'm an old man like you, and I am taking my own son to a game for his first time, on the way there I will be telling him about the day I was there to see a player who had won the world cup be welcomed home and I will tell him of the time that I looked at you and saw the tears in your eyes and that moment changed football for me forever. Yes of course he is a legend"
I can't argue with that.
12? As if :ROFLMAO:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can't argue with that.
Good timing.

last game my son came to was HUddersfield at home, 1-1 .2018? . . My lad told mum I swore a lot, he didn't like it.

Anyway, AliMac is nowhere near a legend, good player. Hugely Improved under BHA wings, really hit his stride early 2022, but still developing. . . . Got a break in the world cup, played well, and with a bit of WC luck . . . his world is made. He's been very professional (unlike his father who comes accross like a complete twunt, or a bit of a 'Maradona') He may get even better, he may not . . . I care not now, he's not BHA. Best of luck, but legend? Never.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here