Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister: Albion legend?

Is Alexis Mac Allister an Albion club legend?

• Of course he is!

Votes: 144 52.6%
  • Nah.

Votes: 130 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some think the "legend" term is tossed around too freely these days. But Alexis Mac Allister became a World Cup winner whilst playing for the club.

Alternatively, some think he's a bit pedestrian, not all that and will be easily replaced.

Club legend or not?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If he goes on to have a top career winning domestic trophies then he'll gain legendary status in the football world. Some of that success will be attributed to us.

Not sure he quite meets the criteria of club legend though, although he has the potential to be the greatest player to have played for us.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No question at all, I think he is going to go on and have a career at the absolute top level. The kid will win everything, possibly at Liverpool but I see him at Real or Barca next. He is an incredible talent.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he goes on to have a top career winning domestic trophies then he'll gain legendary status in the football world. Some of that success will be attributed to us.

Not sure he quite meets the criteria of club legend though, although he has the potential to be the greatest player to have played for us.
Not for me, takes time to become a legend see Dunky
Most might consider Gotsmanov to be a legend! Regardless of that, he is the first and only Brighton player to win a world Cup. Some may go one to win a World Cup but no one can take his record of being the first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ask me again at the end of next season.

We're a big club now, with big players.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He may not have been our best player (although not half bad, to be fair) but he won the World Cup whilst playing for the Albion. First to do so, so maybe that makes him a legend. Dunno, really.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
There are several members of our squad who can go on to be brighton legends but Ali Mac is a true pro and has done a lot behind the scenes with our south American contingent. He has earnt this chance. Good luck Ali. We love you.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Depends quite what meant. To me you get a squad of about 11-16 true legends and then 22-32 next tier. If he’s in that second group out of couple thousand players who’ve ever played for us that’s still pretty special.

Seagull Stew

He should be, but legend status tends to be given to players who stand out when compared to those around him, which is clearly not the case with the current squad. How many of our all-time legends would even make the subs bench in the current squad, even at their best?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Depends on your definition of legend.

He won the world cup whilst being an Albion player and he was a key part of the first Brighton team to qualify for Europe. That's two huge achievements.

He clearly loves the club and his name will be remembered and talked about for generations to come because of his achievements.
To me that all says he is in the legend status.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Short answer No he is not an Albion legend, great player, nice guy who served us well, yes he won the world cup, but that does not put him into the same league as Nobby, Peter Ward, or currently Dunks, or even a somewhat tarnished Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here