Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You are quite right T B, but that is no problem to them as they have the financial clout.
What concerns me is that as I understand it, they ( Norwich) only made their approach about 3 hours ago, and he is already on his way for a medical. Do things happen this quickly ?

I'd imagine they do if another club does all the hard work in getting an agreeable deal with Spurs - Norwich just needed to replicate or slightly improve that offer, plus they will have been told of the personal terms that were being discussed. All much easier I'd say.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well, thats this years ADAM CLAYTON saga over and done with for another year I suppose.

Now can we crack on and make some ruddy SIGNINGS. Lets get back to "swooping" on unknown Spanish 2nd division players instead. Much less aggravation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club are entitled to be criticised for lots of things, but I cannot possibly see how this episode can be one of them.

There was no criticism of the club implied whatsoever. Why would there be? It's been plastered all over SKY and elsewhere that the Albion bid £8m for Pritchard. And regardless of who made it public, it's now rightly or wrongly perceived that the club have £8M available to spend on a single player. That was my point.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I recon we should look at Bradley Dack at Gillingham, probably available for 1.5/2 mil?

Looks like a genuine talent, lit up league 1 last season (I know we haven't had much luck previously dipping into league 1...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh well, thats this years ADAM CLAYTON saga over and done with for another year I suppose.

Now can we crack on and make some ruddy SIGNINGS. Lets get back to "swooping" on unknown Spanish 2nd division players instead. Much less aggravation.

Was just thinking the same thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets see by Christmas whether we're thinking that or not.

You are assuming Pritchard will be a first choice at Norwich, which is not nailed on given the players they already have. I hope he ends up in the stiffs, not that I am vindictive or anything.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Would be grand if the JONATHAN CALLERI thread could sink without trace, never to resurface. Seems to have taken up permanent residence on Page 1 of NSC, much like the Infinite Jukebox thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was no criticism of the club implied whatsoever. Why would there be? It's been plastered all over SKY and elsewhere that the Albion bid £8m for Pritchard. And regardless of who made it public, it's now rightly or wrongly perceived that the club have £8M available to spend on a single player. That was my point.

It was a package. That could be £5M up front and win bonuses, promotion bonus, staying up bonus and any other sort of clause. It doesn't say we have a spare £8M sitting around.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Bit of a slow day here.

How about this as a scenario?

Levy: Don’t worry Pritchy, I’ll have a word with my mate Tone and get you one last bumper payday.

… A couple of hours pass…

Levy: Tone mate, got this crocked player I need to shift.
Bloom: Not interested.
Levy: Could be mutually beneficial.
Bloom: How so?
Levy: Well if we pretend you’ve made an offer for him, then tell the media, no doubt one of them scummy brainless cash flush clubs will jump in and waste a good chunk of their transfer kitty.
Bloom: Okay, so who is it and how much is he?
Levy: It’s Pritchy. Maybe worth £2-3 mil, but I’ll add a bit. I’ll send him down later today to make it look legit.
Bloom: Okay, nothing to lose I suppose.

…A couple more hours pass…

Bloom: £8 million, are you off your ******’ nut?
Levy: Trust me, it’ll work.
Bloom: I think you may have pushed it a little too far, we’ll see. I’ll go public and say it may take a couple of days to sort the contract.

…Pritchard offered £50 and a Mars bar. (Would make him Albion’s forth highest paid player.)…

…Next morning…

Levy: Told you there’d be a mug out there with more money than sense.
Bloom: Well played, sold them a player they don’t even need.
Levy: Yeah… let’s just hope he passes the medical…

I remember the Clayton saga,didn't Naylor and a couple of ITK rimmers have that one down as a done deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would be grand if the JONATHAN CALLERI thread could sink without trace, never to resurface. Seems to have taken up permanent residence on Page 1 of NSC, much like the Infinite Jukebox thread.

But the Infinite Jukebox thread does keep a few of us amused, and we even occasionally post football songs

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Has anyone considered the thought that Pritchard may have failed the medical at ours last night and that's why he is now heading to Norwich?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A major concern now has to be that the club has shown its hand, and let it be known publicly that it has £8M available to spend on a single player. Agents will smell blood.

Oh I think that other cubs and agents were always aware of that frankly. Tony Bloom may be prudent, but if the right player came along to fit into the team, he was always willing to spend big.

My main concern though, is that in my opinion, big money would be much better spent in bringing in either a new central defender, or a marquee striker. That's providing Stephens, Knockaert etc. aren't about to be sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here