Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There doesn't seem to be one reliable source reporting that Norwich agreed a fee with Spurs.

I'd say it's a given assuming the 'on way to have medical' Sky report is true.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Or .. we could wait and see what actually happened.

We don;t know that for sure - Norwich may have actually gone about things perfectly legally and he feels his career would be better with them.

The only person i have seen claim it was illegal is Naylor and he may not have all his facts correct

I think you will find find that Naylor has covered himself with the use of "apparent" illegal approach, not claiming it was illegal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd say it's a given assuming the 'on way to have medical' Sky report is true.

You'd think so, but they don't have the right to talk to a player until it is agreed. Bids get turned down, which is why players then hand in transfer requests so that they can talk to other clubs.
At least, that's how I've always understood it.

Maybe the publicity about us having had a bid accepted was the smokescreen for Norwich and it was always them?

I can understand why our club always try to keep it under wraps. It's a murky business.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A major concern now has to be that the club has shown its hand, and let it be known publicly that it has £8M available to spend on a single player. Agents will smell blood.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Was Pritchard the reason we weren't in for Abdi? Sheffield Wednesday fans having a laugh at our expense....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I will add that I don't think Norwood is a great player though. Would provide decent cover for BK and DS but nothing more. (In my humble opinion.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A major concern now has to be that the club has shown its hand, and let it be known publicly that it has £8M available to spend on a single player. Agents will smell blood.

The club haven't revealed anything to anybody. All the information out there is from other sources.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

But they haven't shown their hand! Any more than they have for any other player we've enquired about over the summer. The Albion, as we know, like to keep their cards close to their chest as regards transfers. They'll do what they can to keep everything quiet. Unfortunately, sometimes people- usually those with an agenda at the selling club or close to a player- let details escape.

There is nothing on earth that Albion, or any other buying club can do about that.

The club are entitled to be criticised for lots of things, but I cannot possibly see how this episode can be one of them.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
There doesn't seem to be one reliable source reporting that Norwich agreed a fee with Spurs.

You are quite right T B, but that is no problem to them as they have the financial clout.
What concerns me is that as I understand it, they ( Norwich) only made their approach about 3 hours ago, and he is already on his way for a medical. Do things happen this quickly ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are quite right T B, but that is no problem to them as they have the financial clout.
What concerns me is that as I understand it, they ( Norwich) only made their approach about 3 hours ago, and he is already on his way for a medical. Do things happen this quickly ?

There are a lot of puzzling things about this whole episode.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I really worry about what this does to our out of contract players. This isn't going to have them chomping at the bit to sign a new deal when they know they have clubs out there happy to pay them double just to make sure a rival can't have them.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think you will find find that Naylor has covered himself with the use of "apparent" illegal approach, not claiming it was illegal.

he says apparent last-ditch illegal attempt.

Probably enough to cover him in a court of law but definitely can be read as the approach being illegal but apparently last ditched.

But the point still stand s- he is the only person I have seen claim it was 'apparently' illegal. Others have just rehashed his article.

So we really don't know what has gone on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here