Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I guess its less of an investigation, and more of a 'what the heck do we do'! If they take three points off Villa then that could knock Man Utd out of the competition. Alternatively they could throw them out all together like they did Barnsley in the mens FA Cup, which is probably what they should do but when have the FA ever done what they should do??

sussexbee

Jan 15, 2023
Yeah Villa need to be out of the comp for that howler. Points deduction not enough for me. Would be nice if they'd announce when the draw is rescheduled to - prefer a home draw obviously but I want to know if its a viable away game! A Mel Phillips Derby against London City would be interesting.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On the League Cup draw: Will be tonight (Monday 29th) at 6.30pm on BBC Sports Day which is on BBC News.

As for Saturday's game against Chelsea. Thought we did pretty well to keep the first half clean sheet. Chelsea are the best team in the league by a mile, and really showed in second half. Thought team did well to persevere, good character. Annoying that other results didn't help us at all.

United away going to be a challenge, but they've looked ropey all season and Marc Skinner is under increasing pressure. Might be able to smash and grab something there.

Edit: Missing word

Last edited:

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Anyone know when the season ticket holders open training session is usually held? Just making sure we've not missed it?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Villa match now confirmed to be 7pm on Wednesday 7th Feb.

Season ticket holders can get a ticket from 9am tomorrow, with general ticket sale starting at 2pm.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Villa match now confirmed to be 7pm on Wednesday 7th Feb.

Season ticket holders can get a ticket from 9am tomorrow, with general ticket sale starting at 2pm.
Great, thanks. That's my wifes gift for our anniversary 2 days prior sorted. 😁

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't know why I've wasted a Sunday lunchtime watching this online, but it's not been a good audition for the new interim coach, we've been awful, admittedly v a half decent side. Commentator described it as having all the intensity of an end of season dead rubber and he's not wrong. Earps has barely touched the ball.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Off to Crawley tonight for the ContiCup quarterfinal with absolutely no expectations of getting a result which probably makes me a sucker for even going! :ROFLMAO:

One positive before tonight is that Rachel Daly is banned having struck ex Albion player Megan Connolly off the ball in the Bristol City match at the weekend.

For those who want to watch but aren't going, its free to watch on FAPlayer (as are all the quarterfinals).

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Off to Crawley tonight for the ContiCup quarterfinal with absolutely no expectations of getting a result which probably makes me a sucker for even going! :ROFLMAO:

One positive before tonight is that Rachel Daly is banned having struck ex Albion player Megan Connolly off the ball in the Bristol City match at the weekend.

For those who want to watch but aren't going, its free to watch on FAPlayer (as are all the quarterfinals).

Who will be managing the Albion? Is there any news on the next manager?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Who will be managing the Albion? Is there any news on the next manager?

Will still be Mickey Harris. Unlike in the mens game there doesn't seem to be much info as to who they might even be looking at so no news on when they will bring in someone permanent. Not what we need with the game tonight and the FA Cup game on Sunday

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Having said that, I wonder if Merricks is in the frame? She did well as interim manager twice last season, and left to go to the FA but left that role in November.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Local girl Ella Pettit is the sub keeper for Villa against us tonight. I grew up with her Dad and I know he’s a big Brighton fan, former season ticket holder.

sussexbee

Jan 15, 2023
Felt far from assured going into tonight. Hope we can scrape a win after all the disruption. Pleased for Vea getting a goal.

Frustrating not to have injury updates in the presser. Bremer, Rule, Haley, Dejana amongst others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here