Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought it showed a lot of resilience at times today, thought Bremer was fantastic today. Bit of a ding dong game, but important to get the win, certainly seem to be marginally improving every game.

First of a BUMPER week of Brighton & Hove Albion action for me. Good to start it off with a win.

View attachment 173382
Blimey :bowdown:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Meant to mention Bremer, she put in a real shift! Seemed to be constantly pressuring to win the ball back in Bristol's half, didn't make anything easy for them
She’s a very intelligent player, capable of taking the ball on the turn, making smart runs and playing the right ball at the right time.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Hope its a good game and we win, though its slightly concerning that Phillips has said we are 'operating on a slightly thinner squad'! I was hoping that there would be some broadcast coverage but like with so many Conti cup matches so far I can't see it so the 'live blog' and twitter may be the only way to follow it. Lets hope they update those more than they usually do for the womens matches!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Hope its a good game and we win, though its slightly concerning that Phillips has said we are 'operating on a slightly thinner squad'! I was hoping that there would be some broadcast coverage but like with so many Conti cup matches so far I can't see it so the 'live blog' and twitter may be the only way to follow it. Lets hope they update those more than they usually do for the womens matches!
They often don’t update them for the men’s U21 and younger matches either!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We end the ContiCup group stage with a 2-1 win over Charlton - it had to be Kayleigh Green who got their goal didn't it! 😂 Did make the final few minutes of refreshing a bit nervy. The BHAFC Twitter feed seemed to give up for the 2nd half pretty much, but at least there was a bit more on the website live blog 🤣

That win makes it 3 wins out of 3 in the group stages, and we are therefore through to the knockout stages

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We end the ContiCup group stage with a 2-1 win over Charlton - it had to be Kayleigh Green who got their goal didn't it! 😂 Did make the final few minutes of refreshing a bit nervy. The BHAFC Twitter feed seemed to give up for the 2nd half pretty much, but at least there was a bit more on the website live blog 🤣

That win makes it 3 wins out of 3 in the group stages, and we are therefore through to the knockout stages
Incredibly dominant performance at Charlton, felt like if Terland was involved we’d have won that by 4 or 5. String of very good saves from the Charlton goalkeeper. Little bit nervy at the end but we could have scored three times immediately after their goal. I think it’s starting to look like the play is clicking and we are settled in a style. Bremer was really good again after I think finally settling and showing her quality, thought Maisie Symonds and Pinto dominated the middle tonight. Great to see some more minutes for Grace McEwan as well, good to see the investment in the youth setup starting to produce a few more prospects. 3 Wins on the Bounce, albeit in 3 different competitions but will be good for confidence.

Very Tidy Ground as well, but very non league.
IMG_9092.jpeg

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Amazing!

To see the men's team, women's team, and youth teams all doing well in their respective competitions just shows how far we have come as a club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Incredibly dominant performance at Charlton, felt like if Terland was involved we’d have won that by 4 or 5. String of very good saves from the Charlton goalkeeper. Little bit nervy at the end but we could have scored three times immediately after their goal. I think it’s starting to look like the play is clicking and we are settled in a style. Bremer was really good again after I think finally settling and showing her quality, thought Maisie Symonds and Pinto dominated the middle tonight. Great to see some more minutes for Grace McEwan as well, good to see the investment in the youth setup starting to produce a few more prospects. 3 Wins on the Bounce, albeit in 3 different competitions but will be good for confidence.

View attachment 173630
VCD ? Went there a couple of times to watch Lewes Women……

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

View attachment 173630
Thanks.

Football week going relatively well? 😃👌

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Draw for the next round of the ContiCup will take place on Friday evening on BBC1s SportsDay programme with fixtures to take place on 7th/8th Feb. Going to make that week very busy for the women as already on 4th Feb away at Man Utd in the league, and 11th Feb away at Wolves in the FA Cup!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Draw for the next round of the ContiCup will take place on Friday evening on BBC1s SportsDay programme with fixtures to take place on 7th/8th Feb. Going to make that week very busy for the women as already on 4th Feb away at Man Utd in the league, and 11th Feb away at Wolves in the FA Cup!
I did double check the BBC's listings and I think it's on BBC News rather than BBC One. Should be 6.30pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here