Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Great win yesterday. For the money invested by Bloom in Lancing must be a great relief to be getting out of trouble. Anybody know what the attendance was.
Just shy of 3000. We appear to be one of the only clubs to routinely declare attendance. We get pretty good crowds - but our fanbase has ‘previous’ in having to travel to home games👍

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Just shy of 3000. We appear to be one of the only clubs to routinely declare attendance. We get pretty good crowds - but our fanbase has ‘previous’ in having to travel to home games👍
Don’t why they can’t play the Amex , shame we can’t use Withdean

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really pleased, watched some of it through a stream, and the quality in our play was quite poor at times. Pleased to see Megan Walsh in goal, but understand she has had a difficult season.

Think we almost need to start again, the top four club aspiration looks a million miles away currently.

Be great to have them closer to Brighton and encourage more fans….

Well done ladies.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thats a vast improvement on last season when I think were getting about 1k

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I see they are on Sky on Wednesday. Might give that a watch. Got to be better than two Italian clubs in Champions league first leg semi-final. That's got nil nil written all over it.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
A very poor quality match but the result should see them stay up. They need a radical re-think in the close season on player recruitment and retention. Although she had an average game yesterday ( apart from assisting for the goal ) I can't see Katie Robinson staying around if she wants to cement her England credentials.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
New coach has turned things round. She comes across very well and has obviously made an impact quickly.
She does seem to have made the team more settled and starting to get them organised, helped by the work Merricks did before she came on board.

The result yesterday does virtually guarantee we'll still be in the Super League next season as I can't see Reading beating both Spurs and Chelsea in their final two games. Our remaining matches are Arsenal (a draw would be a good result though they have quite a few injuries so theres a possiblity of more), Everton (would be happy with a draw), and Leicester (definitely winnable but could either be a bore draw or a thrilling end-to-end game if neither side has anything to play for by then).

Theres still much to sort out for next season, but with a director of football whose been in place for a while, a dedicated press officer now (apparently according to the guy from BBC South East on the coach up to Manchester for the FA Cup semifinal), and a new manager there is reason to be hopeful after a year of much disruption off and on the field.

We HAVE to recruit more, and better though if we want any chance of pushing up the table into the top half like Everton and Villa have done. I'm assuming that we will 'lose' a few players as their contracts come to an end or they retire (thinking at least V. Williams, Green, Park and Carter), or they get poached (can see Robinson and Walsh going at least). Whether we will recruit better is anyones guess .... 🤷‍♂️

Got my fingers and everything else crossed that next season is not a long drawn out relegation battle like this one!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think Melissa Phillips has done a great job in a short period of time especially in terms of organising the team ( particularly in defence), getting their heads straight and restoring some self esteem and confidence. She has admirable aspirations regarding getting the team higher up the table and becoming a strong presence in the league but this will require a long hard look at the present player roster and significant investment in player recruitment.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would it be feasible for them to do an Amex double and for example have the mens game on a midday kick off & the womens game after at 3pm? Or vice versa? Meaning on the same ticket (or maybe for a little extra) you can watch both games. Keep the bars open in between so Mr Barber is happy with the extra money spent. I guess the main issue is how the transport would work, needing to keep the P&Rs open for longer. Maybe they couldnt do it regularly but a few times a season...

Reactions: :J)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
There are logistical and financial challenges for having a double header at the Amex, though Spurs are doing that at their stadium on the 20th May so it can be done.

We were supposed to have 2 Womens matches at the Amex this season, but one was postponed due to the queen dying and the rearranged match happened at Crawley. I did ask if the last womens match of the season could be at the Amex as the men are playing away that weekend but apparently its not possible as something else is happening at the Amex that weekend which is a pity.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would it be feasible for them to do an Amex double and for example have the mens game on a midday kick off & the womens game after at 3pm? Or vice versa? Meaning on the same ticket (or maybe for a little extra) you can watch both games. Keep the bars open in between so Mr Barber is happy with the extra money spent. I guess the main issue is how the transport would work, needing to keep the P&Rs open for longer. Maybe they couldnt do it regularly but a few times a season...
Would prob need a 2 hour gap between end of first match and start of the second unless the women had to change in the corridor or there are other changing rooms (that Spurs might have). Not sure how many would hang around that long. A long day.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It was a fantastic result for the women yesterday and the new manager is clearly very good. The club seems to be set up a lot better now so hopefully there can be some stability behind the scenes. The squad turnover is a concern, I'm sure there will be clubs coming in for Katie Robinson in the summer and possibly Veatriki Sarri as well. Poppy Pattinson would have been a target as well I'd have thought, England u-21s starting left back (but she's 23 now so presumably can't play for them any more after this season), but she's lost her place in the team in the last few games which surprises me.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I know Wembley has double sized dressing rooms because it was built with American football in mind. Spurs will have been built to the same specification allowing them to stage double headers. We don’t have that facility so it ain’t gonna happen.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great win yesterday. For the money invested by Bloom in Lancing must be a great relief to be getting out of trouble. Anybody know what the attendance was.
No idea about attendance but I was over in Tilgate and was getting into my car when I heard the roar. At first I thought it was Crawley playing a home game. It was loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here