Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Albion will target Chris Hughton to be their new manager if they cannot land Tony Pulis'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am chuffed with the high calibre of managers we are being linked with. We have very good, proven managers such as Hughton and Pulis, then exciting coaches such as Sherwood, Robinson and Rosler. I for one would be happy with any of them. People moaning about conservative football need to get a grip! We have just spent our most successfull period in ages passing teams to death and whilst people moaned, they would take those days back at the drop of a hat!

No! I preferred the attacking instinct we showed when we steam rollered League One! Tippy Tappy is sleep inducing, especially in the sun trapped East Stand!

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Pulis wants his own team and of have control over football matters. Exactly what our board will not give him. Hughton would be a poor appointment imo but fits the nodding dog criteria. I want Sherwood please.

I want Sherwood too. IMO, Houghton - boring Football and very touch and go at Newcastle less so else where, Pulis will be gone as soon as a Prem club show any interest in him and then we'll be looking for another manager. Sherwood needs to get a few years as manager under his belt and I think if backed by the board he would be in for the long haule.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Bloom took the gamble back in the summer.IMO he can now not afford the risk.Hence the more expieanced managers are being mentioned.We are struggling on NSC to agree a clear favorite....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boring doesn't bother me, not winning enough games does.
Agree. Save bothering about 'boredom' to next season.

This time we don't have the luxury of worrying about anything other than points.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Long term first choice for me would be Malky Mackay, expensive in many ways but would ultimately play good football and get us to the Prem, but can he save us this season?

Short term Pullis, expensive but needs must, would almost certainly keep us up.

A cheaper option? Not if I were TB, relegation equals diasaster financially.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pulis wants his own team and of have control over football matters. Exactly what our board will not give him. Hughton would be a poor appointment imo but fits the nodding dog criteria. I want Sherwood please.

Have you been in a cave? With the departure of Burke there is every indication that this is not now the case

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Agree. Save bothering about 'boredom' to next season.

This time we don't have the luxury of worrying about anything other than points.

It's a different sport I know, but there was a belief that baseball crowds came to see people hit home runs.
Someone did some research into it and found it just wasn't true - they turned up to see a team that won more.
I think the same is true for football myself.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No thanks. His record isn't that great.

He actually didn't get Norwich promoted, he took them down. And at Newcastle and Birmingham he benefitted from strong squads in the Championship that had just been relegated from the Premier League.

Pulis is my first choice but if not him then I would rather have Mcdermott than Hughton.

He didn't take Norwich down. He was sacked before that when he still had a chance of keeping them up for the 2nd season running.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I want Sherwood too. IMO, Houghton - boring Football and very touch and go at Newcastle less so else where, Pulis will be gone as soon as a Prem club show any interest in him and then we'll be looking for another manager. Sherwood needs to get a few years as manager under his belt and I think if backed by the board he would be in for the long haule.

Great with bringing players through the academy at spurs too.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Not Sherwood please. That salute he gave Adebayor when he scored was the most cringy thing I've seen a manager do. Would obviously get better results that SH though. Pupils is the one though. He's the best option so get him in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here