• Clap clap clap clap

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Quiet indifference

Votes: 158 54.9%

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Any BHA goal scorers to mimic his binoculars celebration and train aforementioned 'binoculars' towards him sat sulkily on the bench.
Was going to say we can't be booing EVERY player to leave the Albion, but this is an excellent idea, although would prefer it if everyone in the stands was doing it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We don't know what went on behind the scenes. There was obviously a disagreement and a personality clash around the situation. He is going, best for all parties. Good luck and thanks for everything Tross.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Doubt we’ll see him, be lucky to make the starting XI most of the time
This is what makes me laugh - Trossard was quoted earlier in the season saying that he had no interest in leaving us to go and sit on the bench somewhere, and yet that is exactly what is going to happen !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is what makes me laugh - Trossard was quoted earlier in the season saying that he had no interest in leaving us to go and sit on the bench somewhere, and yet that is exactly what is going to happen !
This is what his agent said :

FD59C853-67E9-418F-B8E8-A194852F5ECF.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Its a bit childish this booing lark IMO. Most of the players at the club were not supporters growing up and just want to earn as much money as they can in a short career, Tross included. The club will sell on if they are not producing on the pitch as well even if they are diehard Albion fans.
Part of the game

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
We don't know what went on behind the scenes. There was obviously a disagreement and a personality clash around the situation. He is going, best for all parties. Good luck and thanks for everything Tross.
Yes but we do know don't we?
A 28 year old player who thinks he can be at a "bigger club" and earn more money, refuses to sign contract extention. And then when his current club triggers a contract extention on his current signed contract, throws teddies and forces a move.
Happens all the time.
It's just that some players show more grace than others.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes but we do know don't we?
A 28 year old player who thinks he can be at a "bigger club" and earn more money, refuses to sign contract extention. And then when his current club triggers a contract extention on his current signed contract, throws teddies and forces a move.
Happens all the time.
It's just that some players show more grace than others.
Well we assume that this is the whole story, we don't really know.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
We don’t boo everyone that leaves. Who else apart from Potter and Cucurella have we booed?

Trossard will be getting a proper booing from me. Adds to the atmosphere as well.
Pritchard comes to mind as a player we roundly booed and he never even signed for us!

We all love a good pantomine Boo, and undoubtedly it adds something when the whole crowd get into it. I think the only time there was real annimosity was the Chelsea match, and that undoubtedly affected not just Cucurella and Potter but the whole Chelsea team

The sad thing with Trossard is it was all so unecessary, all he had to do was ask to go like Biss, White and BDB and he would have left with most of us quite content , as it is he has soured his time here which is a shame as he was, at times magnificent

Looking at the Arsenal fans comments on twatter, a lot seem to think they have got a Messi, they are only seeing the performances like Liverpool away, and ignoring the times when he went missing (and recently quite literally). He has proved he has a dickhead streak in him, and that may come back to haunt him

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Trossard is a player I have really enjoyed watching in recent seasons and at times this season he's been exceptional.

He does have a habit of looking sulky, sad or even ill, though, which I've often found curious. I wonder whether RDZ picked up on that and if he did, whether the player's demenaour and body language contributed towards a breakdown in communications between them, especially factoring the language barrier.

All pure conjecture of course and possibly nonsense. But I can imagine a manager as obsessive and passionate as RDZ getting exasperated with any player who looks like they don't have the same zeal and energy and enthusiasm as they do themselves.

Good luck to him. I would have preferred him to stay but perhaps the move will work for all concerned.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have really enjoyed watching Trossard in a Brighton shirt and it's sad to see him go and also the manner in which he's departed. Having an agent as grubby and vocal as that hasn't helped the whole affair.

I would applaud as, let's face it, most of the brilliant Brighton moments of the last two or three years have featured a great Trossard performance or goal. A sign of the progress that the team is making that we've not missed him in 2023.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Have really enjoyed watching Trossard in a Brighton shirt and it's sad to see him go and also the manner in which he's departed. Having an agent as grubby and vocal as that hasn't helped the whole affair.

I would applaud as, let's face it, most of the brilliant Brighton moments of the last two or three years have featured a great Trossard performance or goal. A sign of the progress that the team is making that we've not missed him in 2023.
His agent has done really well though for his client; which is his reason for being

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Deserves more of a boo than Cucu in my opinion.
Not for me. He gave us three and a half good years, he’s at an age where this is last chance and he could end up with a title winners medal. Cucurella was plucked from relative obscurity gave us just one season then forced a move. Cucurella deserves everything he gets, Trossard will get a quiet clap from most.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What sums him up for me as player is that of his 25 PL goals 13 of them came against the big 6. He scored against all of the ‘big 6’ at some point.

That’s an unbelievable percentage of goals against them but emphasises he tends to only put in the big performances on certain occasions.

I wish this had ended like Biss where he went with everyone’s blessing but he is still one of the most talented players to ever play for the club and I wish him well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indifference.

Enjoyed him here and he did give us a good 3 and half years of service with some amazing memories (a hat trick at Anfield FFS as well as a winner at White Hart Lane etc). Disappointed with the way it's ended but wish him well and I think we've already and will continue to move onto bigger and better things with Mitoma.
I'll clap him, if only for those three and a half good years of service. Yes it's a shame that it came to an end in the way that it did, but lets face it nothing lasts forever in football

We didn't miss him one iota in our great win last week, and now it's Mitoma's turn to shine, and l fancy he will turn into an even better player than Trossard is.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I won’t boo, oh no, I save all my booos for anything to do with the charlatans who left us for Chelsea, I’ll shall revert to the 1980’s when Trossard ( if he does) graces the Amex in an Arsenal shirt and chant

“Brighton reject Brighton reject whoa oh whoa oh”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here