Votes: 99 34.4%
  • Clap clap clap clap

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Quiet indifference

Votes: 158 54.9%

• Total voters

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a bit childish this booing lark IMO. Most of the players at the club were not supporters growing up and just want to earn as much money as they can in a short career, Tross included. The club will sell on if they are not producing on the pitch as well even if they are diehard Albion fans.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Not a great last few weeks but one of the greatest players to wear the shirt and loved seeing him play, sometimes brilliantly. A hat trick at Anfield! Was happy to do photos with kids I drag along to matches, may stay up rather late, good luck to him and thanks for the memories. I might still boo to put him off, tribalism innit?

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Its a bit childish this booing lark. Most of the players at the club were not supporters growing up, and just want to earn as much money as they can in a short career, Tross included.
But didn’t Trossard recently say at a World Cup press conference that Richard Carpenter and Gary Hart were his major childhood hero’s growing up?

Total traitor if you ask me!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Of course it’s reasoned the poster in question is somewhat detached from the situation compared to other less rational individuals
True! I guess the reason I feel a bit more sanguine about this move is because I think Trossard (on the whole) has been a good servant to our club. Good luck to him and UTA.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don't dwell on Trossard's past with us and no one can really predict his future with Arsenal. The present is all that matters.

Lallana says we have the players to cope without him and I believe him. Also the club got 21 million pounds for a player who doesn't want to play for the Albion any more.

Let's concentrate on Leicester City.....

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Looking forward to the shouts of WHO? when he comes on as an 89th minute sub.
Should’ve been one of the options in this poll😊 .. The North Stand giving a rendition of The Who’s ‘Who Are You’

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Won’t vote until he’s formally joined them and had enough time to pen a goodbye to the fans (he may not)

Don’t agree with the way he’s gone about it but it’s been mutually beneficial for all parties

Let’s wait and see what the winey, snide little shit has got to say for himself first before judging, ay?

I know I'm clearly in the minority here but I would boo him far more than Potter or Cucurella. They were approached, offered silly money and the club absolutely rinsed Chelsea for the privilege. Bissouma also was fine as whilst he clearly went for a lower price than we would have liked, he privately went about his business which is his right.

Trossard on the other hand has shown complete disregard for the club and its fans but acting like a petulant child and forcing a move when he would clearly have been allowed to leave in the summer if he didn't sign a new contract. Surely giving us until the summer while we push for top 6 was the least we deserved.

Most overrated player in years for me anyway. Let's face it he only turns up for about 8 games a season and will not get the slack he got here for the number of games that he was a waste of a shirt, I wish him nothing but abject failure.
Fair point👍

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A bit like Gus its ended on an unsavoury note. But he gave us a good 3.5 years with some thrilling goals and wonderful moments. He's of an age now where he's only got 1 more opportunity for a big move, so I don't blame him for taking this chance. His agent is a prick and has helped stir the pot to make it a more acrimonious exit than it needed to be, but Trossard leaves with my thanks. I've really enjoyed watching him, the last couple of weeks won't detract from my memories of that.
Absolutely this, enjoyed his time here, even if he has left on a sour note.
I actually don’t fully blame Trossard in the way it’s ended, I think his agent has been thoroughly unprofessional in his handling of this. I go with what someone else posted as well, that he probably came back after the World Cup dejected and disillusioned, it happens and just needed to get the feck out of dodge. I fully understand that, yes we are Brighton fans and care for our club, but players are not fans, they are humans with their own needs and desires.

Good luck Leo, thanks for some sublime moments, helping the team improve all the time.

PS: Your agents a dick, spend some of that pay rise on new one.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was determined to be quietly indifferent to Cucurella and Potter but by half time of the Chelsea match I’d lost my voice from booing so much. I’m not even going to pretend I’ll be indifferent with Leandro and make sure I bring some throat pastilles for the next Arsenal match.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Quiet indifference, he did what he said he was going to do, part of his master plan and it worked.
He had his career path all figured out before he came to Brighton.
Might still boo on playing against, a bit of panto !

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Regarding booing ex-players.....If it looks like it's rattling the target player into not performing against us I'm all for it. If it gets his heckles up to play a blinder...Just STFU.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've become rather accustomed to players leaving us in good stead, usually once they've fulfilled their role and are off for a quieter life somewhere else. In the last couple of years though we've had Cucurella chucking in a transfer request, Bissouma slipping quietly out the back door, Burn knocking down the CEOs door to get a move, we've been implored to #freebenwhite, seen Maupay stropping off, the coaching team downing tools en masse and now Trossard throwing a hissy fit and on the fast train to big6ville.

This isn't going to stop for quite some time is it :(

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Continuous overlapping chant of 'Wanker, Wanker, Wanker' for 90 minutes and into stoppage time. Any BHA goal scorers to mimic his binoculars celebration and train aforementioned 'binoculars' towards him sat sulkily on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here