Albion v Doncaster fans, Saturday 11am Waterhall

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
hiya all has any 1 decided the team yet? great win today!! SEAGULLS:albion: :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
****PITCH UPDATE****

Because this is a one off match, Brighton and Hove Council give priority to the local leagues.

They cannot therefore confirm a pitch at Waterhall until closer to the matchday itself (possibly even the week before).

I have given them my details, and they will get back to me as soon as possible, I have explained that the Donny boys (and some of the Albion players) are travelling a long distance.

The lady at the council was very helpful, and will advise as soon as she knows the situation.

Cost of the pitch plus changing facilities is £49.

Given the state of Withdean, I think that Waterhall will probably better suit our passing style.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
justin said:
hiya all has any 1 decided the team yet? great win today!! SEAGULLS:albion: :clap2:

I am not sure who is in charge of the team to be honest, but the match is still six weeks away, so plenty of time for injuries, holidays etc (it is Easter Saturday after all).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure we will El Turi

Will be much better to have a kit than the rag tag stuff we had last time. Does your kit have 24 shirts?!!

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
El Presidente said:
****PITCH UPDATE****

Because this is a one off match, Brighton and Hove Council give priority to the local leagues.

They cannot therefore confirm a pitch at Waterhall until closer to the matchday itself (possibly even the week before).

I have given them my details, and they will get back to me as soon as possible, I have explained that the Donny boys (and some of the Albion players) are travelling a long distance.

The lady at the council was very helpful, and will advise as soon as she knows the situation.

Cost of the pitch plus changing facilities is £49.

Given the state of Withdean, I think that Waterhall will probably better suit our passing style.

Cheers for the update El Pres.

We are going to book a mini-bus some point soon for the game, but I'll keep an eye out on here until you get things confirmed.

Thanks again!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not much point finalising things like team details now, alot more people will want to play/drop out between now and the 7th of April. I doubt anyone will be turned away from playing and because of that I expect team selection will be done on the morning of the game when everyone is there. Thats what happens with most fan games ive played in because of how things change even between the night before and kick-off.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Da Man Clay said:
Not much point finalising things like team details now, alot more people will want to play/drop out between now and the 7th of April. I doubt anyone will be turned away from playing and because of that I expect team selection will be done on the morning of the game when everyone is there. Thats what happens with most fan games ive played in because of how things change even between the night before and kick-off.

I didnt mean the starting XI, just if there was going to be some sort of training/get together type thing to whittle down the numbers from 100 to a more playable squad.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ali jenkins said:
I didnt mean the starting XI, just if there was going to be some sort of training/get together type thing to whittle down the numbers from 100 to a more playable squad.

Very doubtful. Some people live away, some wont be able to make the night of training, some are just too lazy.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Da Man Clay said:
Very doubtful. Some people live away, some wont be able to make the night of training, some are just too lazy.

To be honest, if they are too lazy to meet up before the game for a kick about then whats to say they would be bothered to turn up for the match?

People living away and working are acceptable excuses though!

But only with a note from your mum saying so!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
having experience with NSC albion, 30 becomes 10 very easily, so i wouldnt worry about having too many players.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
having experience with NSC albion, 30 becomes 10 very easily, so i wouldnt worry about having too many players.

I'd agree with that, there was a game last season when we had a 12 year old striker and 15 year old left back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports