Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion to launch matchday travel scheme review

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Telling that cost reduction features throughout those suggestions.

My guess would be this may result in an opt in or out of the travel subsidy so more of a pay if you use model. This may open the club up to be able to negotiate the prices for each option in line with use rather than a blanket single fee for guesstimated usage.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

My guess would be this may result in an opt in or out of the travel subsidy so more of a pay if you use model. This may open the club up to be able to negotiate the prices for each option in line with use rather than a blanket single fee for guesstimated usage.
its the likely outcome of such a review. possibly they could do more buses at lower cost if not paying for rail, or something like that.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
In terms of exiting that car park, which I agree is horrendous, I'm really not sure what can be done.

That volume of vehicles all trying to leave at the same time, single-file, through a narrow runnel and immediately hitting a major set of traffic lights is not going to be easy to improve in any meaningful way.
C3EF5593-0E2F-4D25-854D-9EB1867714E8.jpeg

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

Cant see transport co. happy with opt in out, as hard to manage through the gates

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Needs to be a large Taxi Rank, drive in drive out style, on match days you’ll have half of Brighton’s Green & Whites up there happily ferrying people back into the city and many people happy to pay imho

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Outcome:

Smaller free travel zone restricted to Brighton & Hove buses only and trains from Brighton and Lewes.
P&R only available via booking and at cost.
No reduction in ticket prices.

All spun as positive by PB

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
  • I will be surprised if they can come up with a fairer alternative, but sometimes that is the point.
  • My main hope is that this really puts Southern in the spot light. The threat of removing a lucrative revenue stream, just might force them to start considering how they might improve the service. There are open goals here even Aaron Connelly after a night on the lash couldn't miss.
  • Red tape - concrete over the pond, nothing else fits here, let it be so.
  • Review costs - Southern again I hope.
  • Operational efficiencies - Southern how about providing electronic tickets to fans instead of treating football fans like second class citizens (sadly some still behave like third class idiots, especially the more neadrethal away fans) That way the club can pay for the number of people using your service, rather than the number of people you have turned away with late and short trains.
Southern lose money on this, this isn’t a lucrative revenue stream, if there’s no engineering works elsewhere they actually lose quite significant money. Southern cannot physically add anymore carriages to the service, no matter how many people come up with a magic planning alternative on North Stand Chat. There are 6 trains an hour all with a minimum of 6 carriages. If you want an improvement in the service the DfT and Network Rail is where you need to go, to improvement the infrastructure. Electronic ticketing? How’s that meant to work.

Last edited:

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Good opportunity for the Fan advisory board - a collection of odd sorts in reality - to show their demonstrable worth…
Their contribution to date being 1x flag drawn by a ten year old that gets passed around before the teams even come out.. so expectations are high…

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Southern lose money on this, this isn’t a lucrative revenue stream, if there’s no engineering works elsewhere they actually lose quite significant money. Southern cannot physically add anymore carriages to the service, no matter how many people come up with a magic planning alternative on North Stand Chat. If you want an improve in the service the DfT and Network Rail is where you need to go, to improvement the infrastructure. Electronic ticketing? How’s that meant to work.
Improve the service 🤣🤣🤣
DFT or NR good luck with that !
I have the misfortune of using Southern on a daily basis
I’m pretty sure the aforementioned buffoons are responsible for sending limited diesel stock oop north
Which is Now impacting service availability
Due to rolling stock being stuck in depot under repair

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Improve the service 🤣🤣🤣
DFT or NR good luck with that !
I have the misfortune of using Southern on a daily basis
I’m pretty sure the aforementioned buffoons are responsible for sending limited diesel stock oop north
Which is Now impacting service availability
Due to rolling stock being stuck in depot under repair
Ah yes, Brighton to Lewes, famously operated by Diesel powered stock. Rolling stuck under repair that can’t be improved unless the DfT fund new stock which isn’t happening. The decision that class 171s were moved to East Midlands was taken out of the hands of the TOCs and was dictated by the DfT, due to them not giving Southern the funding to renew the lease. The service availability of class 171 stock has absolutely 0 affect on matchday train services, and solely the Uckfield and Ashford lines. Which ultimately is the fault of the DFT for years of not funding electrification projects on these lines.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
With the Bridge parking, is there any reason (apart from irritating the residents) why cars can't exit along the road before the tunnel - Lucraft Road to speed up departure or is this blocked off/part of the agreement?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Ah yes, Brighton to Lewes, famously operated by Diesel powered stock. Rolling stuck under repair that can’t be improved unless the DfT fund new stock which isn’t happening. The decision that class 171s were moved to East Midlands was taken out of the hands of the TOCs and was dictated by the DfT, due to them not giving Southern the funding to renew the lease. The service availability of class 171 stock has absolutely 0 affect on matchday train services, and solely the Uckfield and Ashford lines. Which ultimately is the fault of the DFT for years of not funding electrification projects on these lines.
My error I should have classified that fact (Not match day )
It was more an example of the DFT s incompetence and inability to plan ahead Despite protestations at the time about reducing the diesel rolling stock on those lines
After wasting money on extending platforms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here