Albion losing patience with Vicente - AN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
The exact quote is He was 50-50 to be involved. In any case, my info is Albion losing patience with him. That is backed up by nature of signings

It's not exactly the same thing, is it? There could be some truth in it, of course.

To be fair. I came to the exact same conclusions based on the signings. I fully expect (although I genuinely hope I am wrong) Vicente to be allowed to leave and return to Spain very soon.

It is not a good situation for anyone. He is going to find it harder and harder to break the team if and when he returns to fitness.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Oh, FFS. Here we go again!

We had all this last year, and if you all want to take any notice of Andy Naylor, then good luck to you.

I would have thought that after Naylor's "Transfergate" on Friday night you would have learnt your lesson.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Sometimes my eyes just follow him around the pitch for mnutes on end, and like the old Sky Playercam.

I find myself doing that with Bridcutt, and you get to do it at more matches. Our best player by a country mile

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I find myself doing that with Bridcutt, and you get to do it at more matches. Our best player by a country mile

Yes, it's something I do like to do when watching better players, and when Vicente isn't out there, I too switch my attention to Bridcutt quite often.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
When fit Vicente will get in any team and i cant see why he wouldnt be put straight in or on the bench as a sub.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX

I've noticed though he upsets the balance of the team. Stats don't lie. Sorry I can't provide them but they are on here somewhere.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looks a could call though not to have given him a bigger contract at the start of the season

But we were hoping to be able to announce that we have tied him to a longer contract before the start of the season but ended up activating a clause in the old one to 'protect our investment' and stop him going elsewhere. This hardly sounds like a club who want to get rid of him due to his injury record, especially as we are just a couple of games into the season.

It's just a case of someone adding 2 plus 2 and making 76.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Reading between the lines and very much making 2+2=5 i think Vicente does not like to travel and only wants to play at the Amex or at the good grounds .. Burnley, Hull dosent feature high on his list ... Only an opinion !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When fit Vicente will get in any team and i cant see why he wouldnt be put straight in or on the bench as a sub.
Likewise.

Poyet commented in the summer how Vicente wanted to be challenging for promotion and how we needed to strengthen our squad to make him want to stay - well he's got to be impressed with our new signings. He'll have players capable of working on his wavelength, and it'll be easier for him with more Spaniards to chat to. Should be a good season for him.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
spot on. i can't believe some of the bollocks people write on here. he is a brighton player who makes most of smile when that ball gets near him. i love him even if he can only play some of the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports