Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion losing patience with Vicente - AN

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's definitely his meddling missus. I bet she has a right moan up every day about not being able to speak english, the weather, how he could be earning more money elsewhere etc.

I doubt Vicente was lying when he said he wanted to play in English football & it's clear that we are the most suitable club for him to do that.

How do you know that it's his wife?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
He played hard to get/[Agent] so despite his injury problems his talent indicated it was worth another chance, with the new arrivals it might work out.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm getting a sense of dejavue here, And I am not criticising Vicente talking more about the negativity on here, as others have said if he was fit for the season he would be playing in the Prem not here. The club knew what they were getting this season and have taken the risk I am happy, if we get another 10 games with him gracing the stripes then brilliant.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Well done Andy Naylor!! Twitter is dangerous, Is it his opinion or has he a quote from the club to back it up. Why are some so quick to think the worst with Vicente, Buckers was out for a bit but you don't get such a drama.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Vicente is the best player ever to play for us in my opinion, why all the negatives,if he was still 100% fit all the time he wouldn't even be with us. Just make the most of it. I'm struggling to believe the squad we've now got.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Next time you're tempted to tweet Naylor just hand him a pot of shit and an enormous spoon instead. The end result will be the same but it'll be funnier and more smelly. Though you'll lose a spoon.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why is anyone surprised ? They were pulling their hair out last season over his injuries.

I'd imagine Naylor is bang on.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It's all good. We've got more quality in the squad than last year, so if he can't play for whatever reason, we're not losing out as much. And of course if he does play, he's the best player in the division. Almost two weeks until the Wednesday game now, so hopefully it's plenty of time for him to get fit and ready to go.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Gus said after they forced him on for 10 minutes against Cardiff that it had been a mistake and they wouldn't repeat it, so not really a surprise he wasn't in the squad after being rated 50-50.

My best guess (because that is all any of us can do) is that they will get him fully fit and then he will play the last 30 mins of a lot of games. Expecting our super doc to be telling gus each week how many minutes he reckons Vicente can play without tweaking something.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Vicente is without doubt one of the best players to ever play for us. But honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned if we didn't see him play again.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
vicente said he wanted jamon for his tea and gus miss heard and signed hammond - thats why he is pissed off and not playing - simples really.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
I've read all the posts this evening on VICENTE, can't we just leave him alone from the posts that always criticise his fitness. Gus knew all about his problems with that before he signed him. But he's given us so much more than just his football genius.
Just think without him we wouldn't probably have Bruno with us or perhaps Lopez come to that, not to mention Orlandi.
If he only participates in 10 games this season he will have been worth it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
PANIC !!!!!!!PANIC !!!!!!!1 PANIC !Pan ..... ..............................................................................................oh I can't be arsed ..............

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'm not sue where the news is here.

Vicente is a luxury player who is not going to be fit for even half of a season, that's why he's playing at Brighton and not Liverpool. But when he IS fit he starts here, and that suits him. It also suits us because when he does play it's a joy to watch one of the most talented players to ever pull on the stripes.

The club losing patience with him? I very much doubt that, as his inability to remain 100% fit for any length of time isn't news to them either, so why would they be losing patience. Having said that I'm sure from time to time you could get a bit of a sigh, or disappointed air from someone at teh club when they say he won't be available, which could - if you are a journo looking for a story - be mis-interpreted as a loss of patienec.

It is what it is, he's a superbly talented player who has dropped to us, BECAUSE of his inability to play enough for bigger clubs to want him. I'm perfectlyhappy with that, and just lap up each and every opportunity I get to see him play. Sometimes my eyes just follow him around the pitch for mnutes on end, and like the old Sky Playercam.

My sentiments exactly.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Vicente will play again this season. He may start 10 in a row and play blinders that mean we soar up the table. Personally I would only use him at home to start and on the bench away. The side needs to be tougher away from home, at home we hurt teams even more and Vicente can help us beat the likes on Blackburn and Bolton. To suggest he won't play again, after a half hearted AN tweet is daft!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here