Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
A twitter account followed by Nathan Jones and Tommy Elphick has just stated Newcastle have just put in a new bid of £11 million.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A twitter account followed by Nathan Jones and Tommy Elphick has just stated Newcastle have just put in a new bid of £11 million.
Not enough.

Time to up the bid beyond 25 million.

Or maybe Tony doesn't care as much as the valkyrie ( who would die for the abion TODAY ) ? ???

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Well if Tony sells then he can kiss bye to promotion. The money might pay this season loses but he'll be back losing £10 million plus every season for years to come so the sum might sound tempting but in reality only a mug would accept when £150m is up for grabs.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The club have stated he is not for sale, there is no cause for worry until the club accepts an offer or AK hands in a transfer request. I can't see Bloom even entertaining an offer of anything below £15m.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yea because we're going to accept 11m. :mad:

Absolute madness to sell to them at all, let alone for anything less than 15-20m.

Even if we got 20m which is 10x what we paid in 6 months, people will bleat on about what fantastic business it is but we will have sold the best flair player in the league to a promotion rival and will be as good as surrendering this season's promotion hopes. Which presumably is exactly what Newcastle want, the player they receive is probably secondary.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The man is capable of great things, as we saw last season. One of those players who gets you on your feet, creates mayhem in the opposition defence and scores goals. All good reasons why Rafa would want him off our books and on Newcastle's.

A real test of our management skills and of our resolve coming up.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Yea because we're going to accept 11m. :mad:

Absolute madness to sell to them at all, let alone for anything less than 15-20m.

Even if we got 20m which is 10x what we paid in 6 months, people will bleat on about what fantastic business it is but we will have sold the best flair player in the league to a promotion rival and will be as good as surrendering this season's promotion hopes. Which presumably is exactly what Newcastle want, the player they receive is probably secondary.

They know by taken Knockers from us will eliminate us as a threat to them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What nonsense. What false hope have the club given you?

It's a well documented the club likes to do it's business as quietly as possible. We have put bids in for players and so what more do you want?

It might not fun for fans not hearing rumors in the press or on forums but if we get our targets does it really matter?

Hughton has said on a couple of occasions what we need

I am glad that someone has sense on here. It seems that a lot of people have gone mad on here and are panicking.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Any sale of AK would open the flood gates.
If I was Stephens or Dunk I would take the sale as a message of intent ( a lack of one).
Now we wait for the Club to rebuff any bid with the clear message no one is for sale at any price.
Players will get the message.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Money talks, and Newcastle are treating this season, and their player purchasing, as if they were still in the Premiershit. I think they will spend between £60-80m trying to get out of our league. It's the gravy train to be on and I expect them to make an offer both the club and the player will find pretty impossible to turn down.. Unfortunately.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Money talks, and Newcastle are treating this season, and their player purchasing, as if they were still in the Premiershit. I think they will spend between £60-80m trying to get out of our league. It's the gravy train to be on and I expect them to make an offer both the club and the player will find pretty impossible to turn down.. Unfortunately.

On the other hand, I feel they probably have a number of targets and, if we turn down a couple of offers, they'll move on to another target that is easier to buy. Money is meaningless to them. I may be wrong but I think he'll stay for that reason. We also seem determined to hold on to players and it would take an absolutely ridiculous offer to get any of this team, especially one who is so key to us and has three years left on his contract.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You are talking ALOT of money for the the club to feel it's 'impossible to turn down'.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
On the other hand, I feel they probably have a number of targets and, if we turn down a couple of offers, they'll move on to another target that is easier to buy. Money is meaningless to them. I may be wrong but I think he'll stay for that reason. We also seem determined to hold on to players and it would take an absolutely ridiculous offer to get any of this team, especially one who is so key to us and has three years left on his contract.

I hope you're correct, but I fear they may be very persistent and willing to pay a premium to not only get the player, but to also screw over a club they see as promotion rivals.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water

[tweet]759838685789433857[/tweet]

Not seen anything to suggest that source is 'ITK'.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If we turned down £10m, no chance we'll accept £11m. If it ever got to £15m+ I'd be more concerned. That's an awful lot of money to turn down, but as others have said, if he goes, so does our automatic promotion hopes, and more chance of Stephens and Dunk joining him out of the exit. No time to bed in any replacements either. Very unsettling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports