Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion knock back Newcastle bid for winger

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not seen anything to suggest that source is 'ITK'.

There seem to be more Twitter accounts every year making up transfer stories. I can't believe anybody believes any of it. I even doubt local papers these days. When the Newcastle Chronicle writes that Knockaert wants to join, I seriously doubt they know that for a fact (as in he has told them that or his agent has)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I disagree. TB has his head screwed on and if we even have a price, in today's market i'd say they are still some way off.

I wouldn't rule us out turning away all bids either. So it's really up to AK.

Agree with this. It is all up to Knockaert. If he's happy, we won't accept any bid for him. If he wants to go, we might let him go but you can guarantee we will take everything we can from Newcastle before they sign it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree with this. It is all up to Knockaert. If he's happy, we won't accept any bid for him. If he wants to go, we might let him go but you can guarantee we will take everything we can from Newcastle before they sign it.

Newcastle is a massive club and have much more financial muscle than we do and they have a much larger fan base.

That's the pluses but there are a lot of negatives on how the club is run. Their own fans freely admit this. You also have to realise that CH knows of all the pros and cons up there, having been there for several years, so I am sure AK will have been made acutely aware of the ''cons'' in any effort to retain him

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Newcastle is a massive club and have much more financial muscle than we do and they have a much larger fan base.

That's the pluses but there are a lot of negatives on how the club is run. Their own fans freely admit this. You also have to realise that CH knows of all the pros and cons up there, having been there for several years, so I am sure AK will have been made acutely aware of the ''cons'' in any effort to retain him

I know they are a big club and there must be temptation for Knockaert but, as you say, they are not a stable team. There is also a big chance if they go up with Knockaert that they would then spend a lot more money and he would find himself as back up, as he did with Leicester. With us, that would be less likely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope he stays, he is an exciting footballer to watch at times, but he doesn't owe us anything, he isn't a Brighton supporter and he's got to do what his agent tells him is the right thing to do.

Besides, Newcastle is charming so I've heard and I find the local accent quite endearing in women.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Toon journo with 60k followers seems to think it's not happening...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Toon journo with 60k followers seems to think it's not happening...

Indeed. George Caulkin knows that area and pretty unequivocal direct quote from the club. Very good news and a decent source unlike all these websites that just take a rumour and rehash it as truth.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not enough.

Time to up the bid beyond 25 million.

Or maybe Tony doesn't care as much as the valkyrie ( who would die for the abion TODAY ) ? ???

True. Apart from sticking a quarter of a BILLION pounds in the club, what has Tony Bloom ever done for the Albion?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton on links to Knockeart , Dunk, Stephens after game yesterday.

"the chairman has been excellent...this season will be even tougher with clubs that have come down, those that are spending and clubs with new owners. Its important that we start this season with as a strong a squad as we can and that means keeping our best players"
via Johnny Cantor, BBC Radio Sussex
https://audioboom.com/boos/4880959-...ed-with-chairman-s-response-to-linked-players

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here