Alan Mullery Club ambassador

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Mullery and Bamber gave me my best years so far as an Albion supporter and I'm really pleased Mullers has a role.

A small caveat... does anyone know why he wouldn't give the club his backing during the Terrible Times? I gather he was asked but didn't respond. I can't believe he was sulking because of the way a previous regime dispensed with his services second time round... surely there's a better reason.

(And Not Andy Naylor was right to imply that Dick Knight would make an excellent front man too. We live in personality-lite times at the Amex and it would be good for all sides if the fractured relationship between DK and the Board could be repaired.)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mullery and Bamber gave me my best years so far as an Albion supporter and I'm really pleased Mullers has a role.

A small caveat... does anyone know why he wouldn't give the club his backing during the Terrible Times? I gather he was asked but didn't respond. I can't believe he was sulking because of the way a previous regime dispensed with his services second time round... surely there's a better reason.

(And Not Andy Naylor was right to imply that Dick Knight would make an excellent front man too. We live in personality-lite times at the Amex and it would be good for all sides if the fractured relationship between DK and the Board could be repaired.)

When you say 'Terrible Times' when are you referring to exactly? The period up to 1997? Or the period after at Gillingham or Withdean?

Last edited:

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Hopefully so he can do this...

alan_mullery_penalty1.jpg

Is this the testimonial or friendly game that the players made him get changed in front of the crowd and come on to take the penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports