BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We also need an image of Mike Bamber in his pyjamas shouting out the name 'Alan Mullery' as his bemused wife Jean asks him what he's going on about. Circa 1976.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Alan Mullery's blue and white army! It's been a while since I heard that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still cannot understand why Mullers was not on the wall of ' legends '
The whole thing is flawed from start to finish. You start at one end with Gus Poyet and then it runs chronologically to Leon Knight. It is implying that Gus is the greatest thing that will ever happen to BHA and nothing or no-one will ever change that. Forty or fifty years are covered by about 3 players and then there are a plethora of players from recent times. It is implying that nothing happened in our history for 40-50 years. Where the hell is Tommy Cook. Capped for England whilst at BHA. Where is Adrian Thorne, who scored 5 goals in the game that saw Albion promoted to the second tier for the first time ever.
More importantly, where is Mullery. Our most successful manager ever. Far more deserving to be up there than Gus Poyet.
The list goes on...Cook, Gill, Thorne, Mullery, Bamber....all deserve a place.....but one man stands head and shoulders above the rest and I am delighted the club have rewarded him with this role.

It is to display iconic moments at the club not legends. Poyets poster was removed for a while to have 2009-2013 on it as is his engraving on the glass wall in Dicks Bar.
Bloom and Barber have acted very cleverly here. They are aware that neither of them has the right personality to be a front man for the club, and the Life President, who has, is out of favour for obvious reasons. Mullers, however, ticks all the boxes - Albion legend, friend of the Bloom family, emotional connection to the club, great with people, loves the spotlight. And it probably doesn't hurt at all with PB that he's a former Tottenham man...

Well said Nick.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We also need an image of Mike Bamber in his pyjamas shouting out the name 'Alan Mullery' as his bemused wife Jean asks him what he's going on about. Circa 1976.

Bamber should undoubtedly be up on the wall of legends alongside Mullers. I would hope, also, that his widow and his sons are in attendance at the AMEX on the day that we regain our place in the top tier. It would be fantastic to see TB, OGJ and the players making a lap of honour with Mullers and the Bambers.
Don't leave it too long, please. 31 years is long enough

Criticising the board after he resigned from aitc and questioning the attempts to move the brand.

On the point of mullery though, I think not andy has got it right. He has the gravitas to do a superb role for he club in terms of fronting to businesses and supporters

If the frostiness continues, is there any danger do you think that Knight could be removed as president? Obviously not now when the board are under a little bit of scrutiny, but when the good times roll again - as they surely will sooner or later?

I love Mullers - but he's going to have his work cut out getting those feckers in the 1901 to verbally get behind the team.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Very astute appointment, genuine past credentials with the club and crowd favourite, media luvvie, Sky Sports pundit to raise clubs profile after PR gaffes, seems a winner which ever way you look at it.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
bha2.jpg

Is that Ron Challis in the background? I have been trying to track him down for the last 37 years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I love Mullers - but he's going to have his work cut out getting those feckers in the 1901 to verbally get behind the team.

I had my first game in 1901 at the Derby game. There was more noise coming from fans near me at that game than there was from the equivalent group in ESU last season at any game (including both Palace games at the AMEX).

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
If the frostiness continues, is there any danger do you think that Knight could be removed as president? Obviously not now when the board are under a little bit of scrutiny, but when the good times roll again - as they surely will sooner or later?

I think it unlikely. His title is entirely as a mark of respect for what he did for the club, but now that he has left AITC, and therefore he doesn't really any kind of say on anything either on the club side or the community scheme, it would be an unusual and probably quite divisive move. I don't even think our board would be that churlish.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Just back from holiday and heard about this. Fantastic news. I don't care what he does or how much he gets paid - Mullers is a true Albion legend and deserves to be cherished. Thoroughly nice bloke too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yes it is indeed 'Challis of the Palace'. And good luck tracking him down - he died in 2001

There is a wry part of me is hoping him and Roy bump into each other in the after life with Roy politely offering him his glasses and eloquently explaining about the push into the box of one of our players and the other 'mistakes'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here