Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Mullery Club ambassador

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Certainly agree with your first sentence, and it is absolutely brilliant to see the great man back in the fold.

With regards to a flag with that image on, now that he's part of the club, maybe they ought to sound him out first? He might not want to be remembered for sticking two fingers up at the Palace fans! Not very diplomatic behaviour for an Ambassador!

That's why he got the job, the antithesis of Poyet's indifference

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Still cannot understand why Mullers was not on the wall of ' legends '
The whole thing is flawed from start to finish. You start at one end with Gus Poyet and then it runs chronologically to Leon Knight. It is implying that Gus is the greatest thing that will ever happen to BHA and nothing or no-one will ever change that. Forty or fifty years are covered by about 3 players and then there are a plethora of players from recent times. It is implying that nothing happened in our history for 40-50 years. Where the hell is Tommy Cook. Capped for England whilst at BHA. Where is Adrian Thorne, who scored 5 goals in the game that saw Albion promoted to the second tier for the first time ever.
More importantly, where is Mullery. Our most successful manager ever. Far more deserving to be up there than Gus Poyet.
The list goes on...Cook, Gill, Thorne, Mullery, Bamber....all deserve a place.....but one man stands head and shoulders above the rest and I am delighted the club have rewarded him with this role.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Agree with all the above, unfortunately I missed his previous spells with the club, although now my history, and if there's one person I would love to have a ground tour with Mullers would be the man.

Jimmy Grimble

The whole thing is flawed from start to finish. You start at one end with Gus Poyet and then it runs chronologically to Leon Knight. It is implying that Gus is the greatest thing that will ever happen to BHA and nothing or no-one will ever change that. Forty or fifty years are covered by about 3 players and then there are a plethora of players from recent times. It is implying that nothing happened in our history for 40-50 years. Where the hell is Tommy Cook. Capped for England whilst at BHA. Where is Adrian Thorne, who scored 5 goals in the game that saw Albion promoted to the second tier for the first time ever.
More importantly, where is Mullery. Our most successful manager ever. Far more deserving to be up there than Gus Poyet.
The list goes on...Cook, Gill, Thorne, Mullery, Bamber....all deserve a place.....but one man stands head and shoulders above the rest and I am delighted the club have rewarded him with this role.

Poyet has been taken down...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is going to sound negative and it's great to have Mullery back ......

..... his salary probably isn't huge but I doubt all those people made redundant recently weren't on high salaries either. It just seems ... well .... a bit unnecessary. The club keep banging on about cutting costs due to FFP but then create a role like this that IMO doesn't really bring anything to the club.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I often have thought why no Mullery.
Have you seen the blue and white B&H bus with Tommy Cook on the front?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

..... his salary probably isn't huge but I doubt all those people made redundant recently weren't on high salaries either. It just seems ... well .... a bit unnecessary. The club keep banging on about cutting costs due to FFP but then create a role like this that IMO doesn't really bring anything to the club.

Bloom and Barber have acted very cleverly here. They are aware that neither of them has the right personality to be a front man for the club, and the Life President, who has, is out of favour for obvious reasons. Mullers, however, ticks all the boxes - Albion legend, friend of the Bloom family, emotional connection to the club, great with people, loves the spotlight. And it probably doesn't hurt at all with PB that he's a former Tottenham man...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Bloom and Barber have acted very cleverly here. They are aware that neither of them has the right personality to be a front man for the club, and the Life President, who has, is out of favour for obvious reasons. Mullers, however, ticks all the boxes - Albion legend, friend of the Bloom family, emotional connection to the club, great with people, loves the spotlight. And it probably doesn't hurt at all with PB that he's a former Tottenham man...

Blimey! Do you write trashy far-fetched spy novels for a living?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Programme sales will go up for a start. The good feeling about the club will increase, leading to more people with an emotional connection with the club from the 1970s to part money with the club. And, as mentioned, who wouldn't want a stadium tour led by Mullers? The guy is the most charismatic and successful manager we've ever had.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

What obvious reasons?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Great news,for our very best manager.Although I find it a little childish if Poyet has been taken down,from outside the west stand,he after everything,runs Mullery a close second,as our greatest manager.......however perhaps asking Gus back ,as our ambassador,in his retirement could be a bridge too far !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this
I have just watched his interview and you can hear and see his utter enthusiasm for this club, I had a wry smile on my face while watching it when he said things about this clubs history.
I liked Gus, but I have and always will love the Mullers

good to have him back

matt

Mar 19, 2007
alan-mullery-me.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What obvious reasons?

Criticising the board after he resigned from aitc and questioning the attempts to move the brand.

On the point of mullery though, I think not andy has got it right. He has the gravitas to do a superb role for he club in terms of fronting to businesses and supporters

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
With regards to a flag with that image on, now that he's part of the club, maybe they ought to sound him out first? He might not want to be remembered for sticking two fingers up at the Palace fans! Not very diplomatic behaviour for an Ambassador!
That is an excellent point. I'm also pretty sure that the club would not allow an enticing image to be displayed at the stadium anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here