Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed from those with proper experience in gambling.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Whatever, I've seen too many people throw their money and their lives away without doing my best to discourage this young man from attempting such a dangerous pastime, particularly while he's studying for a degree.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Whatever, I've seen too many people throw their money and their lives away without doing my best to discourage this young man from attempting such a dangerous pastime, particularly while he's studying for a degree.

He should bin the degree off and take up betting..punk:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Don't do it H, listen to those that love and care about you, we only want what's best. In all honesty who you tipping in tonight's final? PM me your verdict and I'll get on large :thumbsup:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
How did you do on Saturday ? Got me acca up so got a few quid in me pocket. Been running up and down my stairs all weekend , training for the 27th.

done far to much money, not betting liverpool let me down on a treble... drunk to much stuck to much shit up my hooter, had a laugh, got mangled, and struggled to cope yesterday:lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure that Harry Findlay had his first big wins betting on Tiger Woods and Roger Federer. He caught Fed at the start of his big winning streak and just kept backing him - even at massive odds-on. He saw something in Tiger at one of the majors and had as much as he could get together on him at the next one - which he won.

the guys a full on chancer whos gone bust a few times as he said. Yea he got lucky picking the next big thing and thats it luck.

Being biased a bit as a Brighton fan but at the start of last season I started putting brighton, crawley in Trixis with my top horse pick, I threw in palace when it looked like they would lose(which they did) and had shit loads of trebles and accas till the value went out. I'm backing brighton most games and putting 75% back on(I skipped Blackpool), that way when the Albion get stuffed I wont(I think my betting on here reflects that). Ive got 13/5 with PP for saturday. Maybe Brighton are the next big thing? I take the 8 games against championship sides over 2 seasons with 7 wins and a draw to suggest they are.

Finleys right in one sense its all about the numbers, when was the last time the albion had 3 20 goal a season strikers? As they say do the maths.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Gambling is designed to look that way but gambling is also designed to part you with your money in a false belief that you will win it back.

the bookies may always win is not the same as saying all will lose. Poker is a begger my neighbour gambing system where one person wins and all the others at the table lose. Similar with betting exchanges. The same is true to a lesser exstent with bookies.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
If you're going to do it then don't make the sake of chasing your loses or going for the big win. Best betting I found was the real time IPL cricket. Bet on one team. As the game changes the odds swing by the over. Time it right and you can't lose by covering the bet. You won't win big but you don't lose either. And if the unfancied team wins then you can sometimes get 1 to 1.5 back on your stake. Horse racing you can make low to high work if you can call a race if an odds favourite looks overpriced. Low bet reverse forecast on two that can beat it can give you more options.

Apart from that, bet what you can afford to lose and finish your degree.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
On international games I belive, not betting on the English leagues. He made a fortune at the World cup one year. When it was in Korea I belive.

Korea was pre-Betfair, when he was big in the Asian handicaps. Whatever he won there, he won a whole lot more in Germany.
These days he wouldn't just stick to internationals, the biggest players need to keep the money moving on Betfair to keep their commission at 2pc. Whether he's a backer or layer is a moot point, it's mainly about churn.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
After a lot of thought from what posters have said on here and speaking to the parents and close friends, I have decided that I will be going back to uni next year.

If nothing else I loved my first year, and even if I was to pursue a career in this field I may aswell enjoy these few years as much as I can and set myself up with some good qualifications.

Yesterdays Djokovic win made me realise what a lottery betting is. The reason I have won so much money so far is that I understand sport, but I realise now though that it isn't enough to make a living from betting.

If nothing else, I want a respectable job that I can be proud of rather than a bloody punter who spends his days searching for little ways to get an edge over the bookies :lolol:

Thanks again anyway NSC, you won't be hearing of my tips for a while as I'm settling with my £2.5k winnings which should make uni even funner this year!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good decision overall, but it's a path you have to go down on your own to really learn the lessons. Gambling is a very dangerous passtime, especially when you think you have an edge or have some sort of advantage. You can win nice amounts, your £2k is a good effort, but overall, there is much more to life than chasing a penny from the bookies. I see it everyday, people thinking they can win big and then lose badly, so I have gained a new perspective on gambling. I prefer my side of the counter to the other.

Good luck at Uni.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
After a lot of thought from what posters have said on here and speaking to the parents and close friends, I have decided that I will be going back to uni next year.

If nothing else I loved my first year, and even if I was to pursue a career in this field I may aswell enjoy these few years as much as I can and set myself up with some good qualifications.

Yesterdays Djokovic win made me realise what a lottery betting is. The reason I have won so much money so far is that I understand sport, but I realise now though that it isn't enough to make a living from betting.

If nothing else, I want a respectable job that I can be proud of rather than a bloody punter who spends his days searching for little ways to get an edge over the bookies :lolol:

Thanks again anyway NSC, you won't be hearing of my tips for a while as I'm settling with my £2.5k winnings which should make uni even funner this year!

I was with you last week.

Now for a man who wanted to go pro, you en half talked some tripe.

Reading your posts its clear you know the same as average joe who has a tenner on the weekends.

Utter fraud.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

maybe you should remove your signature that says you promise to win ME money? Just a thought.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

thank f*** for that, now stop posting all together you cock

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Nothing to do with the half dozen 100% losing bets you posted on here over the weekend then?

Bit of a no-brainer no? Clown! :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here