Adverts that really MACK you off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I got TOLD OFF for using a RUDE WORD in my other thread on the subject. So here is a new one in which I haven't used the word f*** in the title.

So what adverts on the telybox, or maybe even the radio, are winding you up something chronic right now?

I am getting irritated IMMENSELY by the annoying "Here Come the Girls" Boots adverts which are on ALL THE TIME and seem to suggest you have to be a woman to shop in Boots, despite the number of MAN-SPECIFIC products they sell as well as things like SANDWICHES which you can't really claim belong to either sex.

Nov 17, 2011
All the Iceland adverts that say how great their food is, if it was that higher quality they wouldn't be able to sell 50 burgers for a quid, or what ever else they sell

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Every advert on the Radio as they are repeated over and over again and I have vowed never to use any of the products advertised because the advert has bored me shitless.My biggest hatred is for that f***ing "Spamalot" thing they insist on churning out at the Amex.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't listen to commercial radio so I manage to avoid those irritating brain invading bastards. Thankfully.

I'll tell you what else I hate, those stupid Capital FM radio adverts on the telly hat have all kinds of pop stars (I presume, I don't actually recognise any of them) spitting out soundbites about how important to the music business radio is. BOLLOCKS IT IS.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Every advert on the Radio as they are repeated over and over again and I have vowed never to use any of the products advertised because the advert has bored me shitless.My biggest hatred is for that f***ing "Spamalot" thing they insist on churning out at the Amex.

Cant wait to go and see Spamalot.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Good call. Is he meant to be somebody famous? He's on all their shop window displays too and I can't work out why

Tiziano Crudelli - He's an Italian commentator apparently. Makes sense!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One of the benefits of being deaf is that as soon as an advert comes on, I simply turn away and it becomes a background noise. If I am fast, I don't always see the product in question.

All the Iceland adverts that say how great their food is, if it was that higher quality they wouldn't be able to sell 50 burgers for a quid, or what ever else they sell

Seconded. The people on the adverts might look happy, but why do I always see greasy haired, frowning, fat slobs coming in and out of Iceland stores? They can't be happy, shirley?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I think that is sometimes the point. They make adverts either funny or really annoying but either way the result is you remember the brand or product these greedheads are trying to flog. I find the swiftcover car insurance ads (the noisy American guy shouting ''have you seen my documents'') on Absolute Radio mildly irritating. NOt sure if is played much now though

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I find the swiftcover car insurance ads (the noisy American guy shouting ''have you seen my documents'')

You mean Iggy Pop? One of the worst sell outs ever.

While I am here....

I hate the following ads...

M&S
Boots
Iceland
Go Compare
Meerkats
The bank one in the radio station
Natwest

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
FOR EVERY WINDOW YOU BUY YOU'LL GET ANOTHER WINDOW FREE, I SAID "YOU BUY ONE,YOU GET ONE FREE" and YOU'LL GET FREE FITTING,TRUST ME..FREE FITTING....SO RING 0**** ******* NOW! 0**** ******* NOW!!

The little green coated bald dwarf..........As Lulu sang...."You make me want to shout!!" stick your windows up your Jacksy...that might be a bit paneful though!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Quorn adverts, no it's NOT meat.
Obviously Go Compare.
Swiftcover.com (pronounced .caaaam)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports