Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adverts that really MACK you off

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah - I agree that the exec that came up with that Go Compare concept should be fed to the lions.

But the advert that above all others manages to crawl into my skin, tug on every cringe nerve and makes me want to pull my brain out through my eyes bit-by-bit is this 5 star assault to the senses:

[yt]vS7X02Wa3GA[/yt]

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sky+ ftw! You don't need to see any adverts, just FF. Oh and I stick to proper radio, ie. BBC. So no adverts.

Simples.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Most fragrance adverts are quite annoying and usually have absolutely no point to them. I've never watched one and thought "you know what? I'm going to buy that, I bet it smells great".

A prime example:

[yt]pQKjMvG7BLU[/yt]

WTF?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anything with Christmas in the title BEFORE December.

Any advert with that other famous sell out john lydon and those butter adverts.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I am getting irritated IMMENSELY by the annoying "Here Come the Girls" Boots adverts which are on ALL THE TIME and seem to suggest you have to be a woman to shop in Boots, despite the number of MAN-SPECIFIC products they sell as well as things like SANDWICHES which you can't really claim belong to either sex.

To be fair though, how often do you shop in Boots?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be fair though, how often do you shop in Boots?

I was in there just YESTERDAY as it happens. Granted they didn't have what I wanted and I had a wander up Western Road instead, dodging cretins with clipboards trying to extract my bank details.

Anyone not at home during the day will probably never have seen the National Homebuyers advert, which is on a par with webuyanycar.com's marketing strategy of annoying techno website name repition.

Luckily there doesn't appear to be a copy of it on Youtube, so let me regale you with its "lyrics":

I wanna buy your house
I wanna, I wanna buy your house
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight NOW

Repeat ad nauseum. HORRIBLE

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
not an advert but the packaging of 'innocent' products really pisses me off. All these twee, kooky, wacky pronouncements really get on my tit's

e.g. uses for this pot: storage for matches when going on a sea voyage to keep a fire going to scare off monsters'

f*** OFF

stop using words like scrummy as well, TOSSERS

and Ben and Jerry's can cut out out the f***ing puns whilst were having a clear out

and Zooey Deschanel has to wear a f***ing GAG

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The advert for a train booking website I think , the two guys sing "choo, choo choo come on and etc etc". The worst thing is I know one of the guys. Still, he was paid handsomely but we have to suffer! Oh and every other ad on telly. Can't stand 'em. Some are less annoying than others but all are shit.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not an advert but the packaging of 'innocent' products really pisses me off. All these twee, kooky, wacky pronouncements really get on my tit's

e.g. uses for this pot: storage for matches when going on a sea voyage to keep a fire going to scare off monsters'

f*** OFF

and Ben and Jerry's can cut out out the f***ing puns whilst were having a clear out

I enjoy Rhod Gilbert too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One for the girls - ANY mascarra advert. I mean what's the point. Loads and loads of hype about how wonderful their product will make your eyelashes look, then in tiny tiny letters at the bottom of the screen: Model filmed wearing false eyelashes :facepalm:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

f*** OFF

This is absolutely my favourite post in AGES.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
On the topic of irritating radio adverts/jingles, a friend of mine used to make these. He was always told to make the adverts as cheesy/annoying as possible by the makers of the product so their brand would stick in people's minds. I suppose it works if you believe in the old adage 'There's no such thing as bad publicity' as we are discussing their products right now!

For what it's worth, I hate the latest Sky Sports ad where a bloke tells his date that he can't meet up with her on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday etc etc because of all the fantastic Sky coverage of the Premiership. Total crap!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
On the topic of irritating radio adverts/jingles, a friend of mine used to make these. He was always told to make the adverts as cheesy/annoying as possible by the makers of the product so their brand would stick in people's minds. I suppose it works if you believe in the old adage 'There's no such thing as bad publicity' as we are discussing their products right now!

For what it's worth, I hate the latest Sky Sports ad where a bloke tells his date that he can't meet up with her on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday etc etc because of all the fantastic Sky coverage of the Premiership. Total crap!

I see that's what they try and do but I never remember the product at all, just the annoyingness of the advert. I coouldn't tell you what half those adverts are selling.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I see that's what they try and do but I never remember the product at all, just the annoyingness of the advert. I coouldn't tell you what half those adverts are selling.

I am often the same to be honest but I guess it must work with a certain cross section of the population who for example, when thinking about where to insure their car, their brain will make the link between the memory of the awful advert they watched last week and the company it was advertising eg. Go Compare. I guess even on a subconscious level this may work to a certain extent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If you buy the Rhod Gilber DVD you can see it in it's original form too!

I was unaware of this I must check it out

In fairness they are all easy targets

The cookies at the coffee stands at railway stations piss me off as well

And the names of paint colours

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was unaware of this I must check it out

In fairness they are all easy targets

The cookies at the coffee stands at railway stations piss me off as well

And the names of paint colours

Really. Well it must be a coincidence you managed to match his sketch word for word eh?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stella Artois. Reassuringly expensive.

It is in hindsight that I am macked off with this fucker. Only now do I realise that Stella is one of the shittest beers ever invented.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here