Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adverts that really MACK you off

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
littlewood.com advert about xmas .. it should not be on tv as it pressurises mothers into buying what they can not afford and pay after xmas. and it feels like your a bad mother if you dont .

also radio 2 and the advertising of at least 2-3 status quo songs everyday! does my head in as they are awful

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The fat green bastard who sings in the ad for train fares and the Timothy Spall voiceovers for wretched 'Wickes'.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
that current Nokia ad that shows various people doing what advertising executives must presume are wild and crazy things like running backwards or whatever.

All the Stephen Marchant ones for Barclays.

Panatherm (Pam and Fern eh?)

And, yes the Iceland ones - we all know the only reason they sponsor 'I'm a Celebrity....' is so they can bring a few sackfuls of crocodile scrotum back to England to go in the Christmas selection.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Another one is the latest Microsoft Advert with the "cool dad" who does a dance and the kids instantly upload it using all their Microsoft gadgets.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The Match.com one with those numpties bleating about the Godfather part III. Stop dicking around and rut......that's what I'd like to see, so have at it please!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Match.com one with those numpties bleating about the Godfather part III. Stop dicking around and rut......that's what I'd like to see, so have at it please!

That advert has been intensely irritating forever now. And that other one with the hairy prick on the train platform strumming his banjo at the mute blonde on the other side is just as bad.

You are selling your INTERNET DATING SITE by showing people meeting by chance in real life situations. THIS IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THE PRODUCT YOU'RE PEDDLING.

It's like advertising National Express using people sitting on a comfortable long distance train

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
You mean Iggy Pop? One of the worst sell outs ever.

While I am here....

I hate the following ads...

M&S
Boots
Iceland
Go Compare
Meerkats
The bank one in the radio station
Natwest

Wow, no, I didn't know it was Iggy Pop. Annoying all the same!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Really. Well it must be a coincidence you managed to match his sketch word for word eh?

Word for word my sweaty arse. Just watched said DVD, he's an angry welsh man who isn't very funny, I'm a slightly miffed Englishman who isn't very funny. Beyond that what we have in common is that we both hate Innocent's marketing (how anyone could not is beyond me).

I am not a plagiarist and I don't think you are the thing my friend who leant me the DVD thinks you are and can only suggest HRT if you are.

Cheer up and stop being one.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
littlewood.com advert about xmas .. it should not be on tv as it pressurises mothers into buying what they can not afford and pay after xmas. and it feels like your a bad mother if you dont .

also radio 2 and the advertising of at least 2-3 status quo songs everyday! does my head in as they are awful

truth there though, it makes you realise how ungrateful the nasty little shites are.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Forgot about this huge pile of f***:

[yt]HVIMMmqwe6Q[/yt]

CANNOT argue with that.

I am fairly certain that NOTHING Halifax can do will ever make up for that advert and win me over as a customer.

I appreciate there are many adverts that wind people up, but those that make people determined to NEVER buy the products or services of a company, such as this, surely do more harm than good.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
You're probably in a minority though, most people will buy stuff based on whether our not they need/want the product alone, the advert just informs them of the existence of said product. I hate the Go Compare adverts with a passion for example, but I'm not trawling through 500 insurance quotes on my own purely out of spite so I've used them a few times.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here