Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adidas next years kit suppliers

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Surely nothing will ever beat the brilliant Bukta. Made of nylon, like wearing a Brillo pad and guaranteed to give you joggers nipple! Such class

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Who gives a **** who manufactures the kit? All this talk about templates or bespoke kits.....we are a football club, not a ****ing fashion parade. Why are so many people hung up about this! Commercially if its a good deal, well done to the board.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Never seen so many people worried about a kit brand, adidas is probably the best kit brand out there at this moment, the leisure wear is a lot more comfortable than the current crop of shit. So as supporters you would rather keep this kit brand and make **** all for the club, than a multi 10's of millions of pounds?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Umbro would have gotten my vote.

Jorge-Campos-World-Cup-94-kit.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I was told by a senior employee of Nike, that they had the contract, but hay, who knows?

Nike go for the club shop too when they do their proposals, which obviously won't happen here.

Friend does the Nike kit marketing but he says he's not allowed to say but get impression it isn't Nike.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adidas templates kits, Southampton and Bristol City have an identical kit except sponsors and badges. Personally I prefer a smaller provider with a more unique product. Awaiting either a plain blue kit or the same kit as West Brom, Stoke or Sunderland.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why on earth can't they make football shirts out of cotton like they do rugby shirts? Would be so much more comfortable, and it would be possible to wear one for more than ten minutes without stinking.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I believe Adidas actually comes from the name of the family that started it up. The boss was Adi Dassler, which got shortened to Adidas.

He had a brother called Rudi, who, after a family or business row, went off to start up another sportswear company, which turned out to be Puma.

But the "after dinner" things are a lot more amusing.

PS - and as for whose kit we sign a deal for, I would go along with whoever gives us most money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here