[Film] Actors you can't stand

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have just reminded me, my stepmother used to say "duff" for anything that is broke...

Shane Brokey :facepalm:

Yep, duff was used at ours for a while. And if something was good, a strange, protracted “Niiiice one” but I think that was a bit tongue in cheek.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Danny Dyer - acting as himself, rent a Cockney gob who appears on too much TV.
Hugh Grant - acting as himself, very wooden and incredibly limited.
Ricky Gervais
Reese Witherspoon
James Nesbitt
Wilf Zaha
Bruno horse-teeth Fernandes
Miranda Hart
Cameron Diaz
James Corden
Robin Williams
Julia Roberts
Sandra Bullock
Keira Knightly

[Controversially - I love the work/movies of Cruise, Maggie Smith, Neeson, Clive Owen, Bale, Wahlberg, Sandler, Ben Affleck, Jackman, Streep, DiCaprio, Steve Martin ................................... dons tin hat & heads for cover].

Sandy B can do no wrong, I can't think why

images.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I try and avoid films with Vin Diesel in, a guarantee of a shite film.
Meryl Streep annoys me.
Judi Dench annoys me.
John Barrowman annoys me.
Nicholas Lyndhurst annoys me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nicole Kidman annoys me.
Sean Connery annoyed me, except in a couple of films.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I try and avoid films with Vin Diesel in, a guarantee of a shite film.
Meryl Streep annoys me.
Judi Dench annoys me.
John Barrowman annoys me.
Nicholas Lyndhurst annoys me.

John Barrowman running, notably in Torchwood sits alongside the late Dale Winton's little dance at the end of the National Lottery, as peak camp.

This probably sits in the British build them up and knock them down pile, but for me it doesn't matter how big your TV is it isn't going to be big enough for Idris Elba's head.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bullock and Diaz do tick a lot of non acting boxes.

I don't have a 'freepass' role/image for Diaz like I do Sandy B.

She could be reading the back of a cereal box while dressed as a cereal box and I'd still say 'but Demolition Man...'.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
John Barrowman running, notably in Torchwood sits alongside the late Dale Winton's little dance at the end of the National Lottery, as peak camp.

This probably sits in the British build them up and knock them down pile, but for me it doesn't matter how big your TV is it isn't going to be big enough for Idris Elba's head.
:lolol:
The only things I have ever rated Idris in was The Wire and The Office. A very wooden actor. And he comes across terribly in interviews.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I first got to the States people kept banging on about how great SNL was. Watched it once and it really was shite. I know back in its heyday it produced people like Dan Aykroyd, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy and John Belushi but those days are well past

I watched it when Eddie Murphy was in it (early 80s) and it was the best American comedy on TV (in Vancouver).

It was still shit, though :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A comedy actor who l find totally overrated is David Jason, something of a comedy icon in this country l know, but not with me.

Excellent as Del Boy in Only Fools l'll admit, but in most of his many other roles he didn't do much for me at all, and in the guise of Jack Frost l thought he over acted terribly.

I agree with every aspect of that.

In particular about Frost, in which he was awful and the programme was awful. If I’d been his boss police-wise I’d have sacked him before the end of the first programme..

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I hate to say it, but I think David Jason is a dreadful actor. He is Del Boy, so that was perfect for him. And he's ok in Open All Hours and Porridge, because he's bouncing off the genius Ronnie Barker. But in everything else, he's not a good actor at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports