Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acceptable Lateness?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
If you think your 'correct' response would have been to ignore the text you received and walked off in a huff, then consider that perhaps you are being righteous about the situation.

You didn't know where you stood when you were waiting for someone who was late. In that time, did you not text him to ask where he was?

Text him = No response.
Phoned him = No response.
Phoned his house to make sure he'd left = No response (obviously because he had)

Short of phoning/texting him when I was waiting (and risking sounding/acting like a total stalker). What else was I supposed to do? Morse code? :rant:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Aha, so you didn't text or call him from the moment he was late to the moment he arrived?

I'm not defending what he did and didn't do. Merely suggesting that there was a course of action available to you when you were waiting. Only that you chose your dignity/saving face/being a victim over knowing where you stood. The former was much more important to you and you let it trump the constructive action you could have taken.

Last edited:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Aha, so you didn't text or call him from the moment he was late to the moment he arrived?

I'm not defending what he did and didn't do. Merely suggesting that there was a course of action available to you when you were waiting. Only that you chose your dignity/saving face/being a victim over knowing where you stood.

I text and phoned him plenty. There's a moment where you get sick of doing so. Maybe he didn't hear his phone, I don't know. But I didn't just leave one message, nor did I just phone him once.

It's difficult to find out where you stand when the person you are supposed to be meeting does not reply to you, nor answer their phone. I even left voicemail messages for crying out loud.

It wasn't as if I just stood there like an imbecile and didn't try to contact him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hold on. your posts here give the strong impression that you didn't call or text him from the moment he was late to his arrival.

short of phoning/texting him when I was waiting

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Hold on. your posts here give the strong impression that you didn't call or text him from the moment he was late to his arrival.

That's probably because I wrote it wrong *groan*. Brain doesn't function when it's 2am, or whenever I wrote that.
Meant to say short of phoning/texting him every single second (exaggerration) whilst I was waiting. Doesn't mean I didn't.

Like I said, after a while you get sick of it. After a while I got bored and walked off. Can you blame me? Get's tedious after a while.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just hope this bloke was worth waiting for. As Lush said in the age of mobile phones there's no excuse, especially as he texted to say he'd arrived ! I hate tardiness with a passion going back to the days I worked shifts. I used to have to wait for the day shift to come in to hand over having worked all night. Frankly when the first one wandered in at 8:15 AM they got a real earful. Since then unless there's a very good reason I have not tolerance for bad timekeeping, it's just rude.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There's no excuse for being late at all. I've walked out of job interviews because I've been made to wait 20 minutes because if they can't keep the time I don't want to work for them

Presumably they were jobs with

a: Network rail
b: The police

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
If it was me i would have phoned once, texted once and given up. Then when he contacted me and offered no explanation I would have told him to forget it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's no excuse for being late at all. I've walked out of job interviews because I've been made to wait 20 minutes because if they can't keep the time I don't want to work for them

I've done that too, my attitude is that if they can't be bothered to get to the interview on time then they have no respect for you and thus they're not who I would want to work for. I might add that I always follow up my exit with a communication telling them what I think of them, I'm sure it makes no difference to them but at least I get my say.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I think that the degree of lateness needs to be taken in the context of how good looking you are.

If you are a bit of a stunner, then the man has committed a major crime. he should be dumped immediately and you can pm with your mobile number.

If you are a 'plain jane', well, you will get over it.

if, on the other hand, you have more than a passing resembalance to a moose, well just be grateful he turned up at all. And be pleased for him that he probably won a bet by doing so.

:fishing:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think that the degree of lateness needs to be taken in the context of how good looking you are.

If you are a bit of a stunner, then the man has committed a major crime. he should be dumped immediately and you can pm with your mobile number.

if, on the other hand, you have more than a passing resembalance to a moose, well just be grateful he turned up at all. And be pleased for him that he probably won a bet by doing so.

:lolol: I shouldn't laugh because that's really quite mean, but it was also very funny.

For what it's worth, the bloke is completely a twat for being nearly an hour late and not letting you know, and expecting you to still be there. Get rid.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!

How do you know I wasn't the one who won the bet? :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here