Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acceptable Lateness?

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Was waiting around for a guy for around half an hour, didn't text me to explain why or anything. Believed he's stood me up so just got bored and walked off. Finally got a message saying he'd arrived, and met up nearly 50 minutes after the initial time (by then still seething and almost just cancelled the whole thing)

So what do you all think an acceptable level of lateness is?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
One of my OCDs is lateness; I hate being late anywhere and I hate people being late. I have never got to a game less than half an hour before KO in case theres traffic etc on the way from Eastbourne.

Id say 15-20 mins is just about acceptable without contact, any longer and its just rude.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
One of my OCDs is lateness; I hate being late anywhere and I hate people being late. I have never got to a game less than half an hour before KO in case theres traffic etc on the way from Eastbourne.

Id say 15-20 mins is just about acceptable without contact, any longer and its just rude.

I'm glad that isn't just me. Most people think I'm strange for having to be on time or early for everything.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry, but that is not acceptable behaviour...if he thinks he can get away with leaving you standing for the best part of an hour without a very reasonable excuse then he really is a turd...you are probably better off without him.

As has been pointed out, how difficult is it to send a quick text, or call you, to say that he is on the way but something has happened to delay him...it is just good manners and hardly rocket science.

I have always believed that the man should get to wherever the date is before the lady, so she isn't left standing around like a spare part...I don't care if I am...I am always there at least 5 minutes before the agreed meeting time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here