Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acceptable Lateness?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Is he a serial late arriver BrightonLass?

I think its very rude to leave you standing around for that amount of time without even a text or phonecall.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Story of my life.

so change the story.

seems obvious you dont want to be involved in someone who cant be arsed to contact you or even offer an excuse, however feeble, for being nearly an hour late.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
so change the story.

seems obvious you dont want to be involved in someone who cant be arsed to contact you or even offer an excuse, however feeble, for being nearly an hour late.

True. Would be pretty simple as well, chances of seeing this guy all that often is quite reduced considering I live in two different towns over the course of a year.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
At 10 mins I was getting annoyed, even started to think he was standing me up. Later it got, more convinced I was. I think I should have left.

You've certainly got much more patience than I have! I'd suggest next time just leaving, can't have been nice being sat around on your own waiting for that long.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If I am sat in pub waiting it's not so bad at least you can have a shant :drink:
Where exactly were you waiting BL2009?

Stumpy Tim

I'm glad that isn't just me. Most people think I'm strange for having to be on time or early for everything.

You're not alone. I hate people being late, there's no excuse for it. Doesn't matter whether it's a date, a business meeting or a few beers with mates. The problem for us people with the manners is that because we want to be on time, we're usually ten minutes early. So if someone is 10 minutes late that means we've waited for 20 minutes.

There's no excuse for being late at all. I've walked out of job interviews because I've been made to wait 20 minutes because if they can't keep the time I don't want to work for them

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
You've certainly got much more patience than I have! I'd suggest next time just leaving, can't have been nice being sat around on your own waiting for that long.

Not overly. Felt like a bit of an idiot to be honest. It's why I was interested in what others thought an acceptable level of lateness was. I have to say my patience was wearing very thin in the end. Especially when it got to over 20 mins.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brightonlass, I see you've posted another victimhood story...

You get to be right and others get to be wrong yet again! 'Poor me.'
... Now that's the real script you're holding.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be honest the BEST thing a girl can ever say to a bloke is "it's okay, I was just a few days late"

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Brightonlass, I see you've posted another victimhood story...

You get to be right and others get to be wrong yet again! 'Poor me.'
... Now that's the real script you're holding.

You are sorely mistaken if I do this for 'victim status.' In this case I am genuinely interested in what people think is acceptable as lateness. Maybe I should have just asked, not provided a backstory. But meh, whatever.

I'm never right, I admit that the whole other 'victim status' story I was completely wrong and should have dealt with that my own way, throwing that bastard out on his arse. Just like in this one I should have ignored the text message and not met up with him after waiting around for so long.

I know in both counts my behaviour was also in the wrong. If you think I'm doing this to prove a whole 'I'm right' point you are mistaken.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You are sorely mistaken if I do this for 'victim status.' In this case I am genuinely interested in what people think is acceptable as lateness. Maybe I should have just asked, not provided a backstory. But meh, whatever.

I'm never right, I admit that the whole other 'victim status' story I was completely wrong and should have dealt with that my own way, throwing that bastard out on his arse. Just like in this one I should have ignored the text message and not met up with him after waiting around for so long.

I know in both counts my behaviour was also in the wrong. If you think I'm doing this to prove a whole 'I'm right' point you are mistaken.

If you think your 'correct' response would have been to ignore the text you received and walked off in a huff, then consider that perhaps you are being righteous about the situation.

You didn't know where you stood when you were waiting for someone who was late. In that time, did you not text him to ask where he was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here