Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps if the club had stayed on the gravy train with the Ulloa money instead of jumping off and handed it to cheap option O'Grady, it would have built up the funds and reputation to be competent striker shoppers now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you think that is the case?

Happy with Murray / Hemed as competition for each other.

As said before, I believe we need an upgrade on Sam B, who is (a) regularly injured, and (b) unproven in Prem, although, on the latter, I'll admit he surprised me with his massively-improved contribution to the cause last season...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but what really p1sses me off is those assuming that other posters on here know nothing... like EP in this case... so I put him straight... if you don't like that, well, that's your problem...

I understand, believe me, when certain contributors wade in claiming you know nothing when they are pretty much in the same boat.

But there is perhaps a more humble way or penitent method of retort that doesn't smack of arrogance.

I don't envy your success in your field, but I weep for anyone so evidently fired up by self achievement.

I wish you peace.

Kosh

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anymore of this 'wheres the next striker's drama, and we'll have the usual Palarse trolls laughing at us, something will happen, as I'm sure the Albion hierarchy DO look at NSC for guidance :cool:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps if the club had stayed on the gravy train with the Ulloa money instead of jumping off and handed it to cheap option O'Grady, it would have built up the funds and reputation to be competent striker shoppers now.

Yes, that is a good point, but we all make mistakes, even PB et al (although some on here can't see that)...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

If you're not being tongue in cheek SB which i suspect you are :), then we paid c£1m for Hemed who has scored nearly 30 goals in 2 Champ seasons. A mere £3m in the end for Murray who bagged 23 goals and promotion and £2m for Knockaert who's scored 20 goals in 18 months. And even Baldock (c2.5m) has found his touch.

If not competent striker shoppers after that lot then show me the benchmark (Villa, Sheff Weds, Norwich, Boro, Derby ??)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I understand, believe me, when certain contributors wade in claiming you know nothing when they are pretty much in the same boat.

But there is perhaps a more humble way or penitent method of retort that doesn't smack of arrogance.

I don't envy your success in your field, but I weep for anyone so evidently fired up by self achievement.

I wish you peace.

Kosh

If it makes you feel, in any way, more at ease, I no longer negotiate those deals (my choice)...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I wish you peace.

Kosh
:smokin:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you're not being tongue in cheek SB which i suspect you are :), then we paid c£1m for Hemed who has scored nearly 30 goals in 2 Champ seasons. A mere £3m in the end for Murray who bagged 23 goals and promotion and £2m for Knockaert who's scored 20 goals in 18 months. And even Baldock (c2.5m) has found his touch.

If not competent striker shoppers after that lot then show me the benchmark (Villa, Sheff Weds, Norwich, Boro, Derby ??)

You forgot to mention Manu, and the over-criticised CMS...

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I think the money has already been spent on either getting some of the debts paid off or Tony's poker. Either way we're looking to survive on a shoestring. Don't look like we're eager to get strikers in. Might do if One comes up on loan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good stuff.

Follow the heart, never the wallet!

I truly hope you're happy with that decision.

Rock on.

Thank you, I am... quality of life and all that...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think the money has already been spent on either getting some of the debts paid off or Tony's poker. Either way we're looking to survive on a shoestring. Don't look like we're eager to get strikers in. Might do if One comes up on loan.

Hmmm... I don't see it like that... maybe I'm being too trusting in the club! ;-)... I expect the club to splash the cash twice more soonest on a CM and ST... is that too optimistic!?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I still really rate Hemed, think he could be great is season with a run of games, with Brown or Gross tucked in just behind him. Agree we need another option but think those expecting us to spend £15m+ or whatever on someone we've heard of are going to be disappointed when we sign a second tier *insert European country here* for a third of that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You forgot to mention Manu, and the over-criticised CMS...

and O Grady and some obvious loan misfires. But Ulloa, Lingard, Baldock, Hemed, Knockaert, and Murray for the ££ we spent is a remarkable strike rate in last 4 years even if 14/15 was a disaster.
To argue , as some do, that we've no track record in buying strikers and have had a team, in last 4 years that struggles up front is not credible.

As for next season of course then we'll see.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and O Grady and some obvious loan misfires. But Ulloa, Lingard, Baldock, Hemed, Knockaert, and Murray for the ££ we spent is a remarkable strike rate in last 4 years even if 14/15 was a disaster.
To argue , as some do, that we've no track record in buying strikers and have had a team, in last 4 years that struggles up front is not credible.

As for next season of course then we'll see.

OMG... I agree with you! :)

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
No doubt the club will sign our record transfer striker soon. What I think is different this season ( other than being in the most loony league in the world) is our apparent change in formation to 4-4-1-1. This elevates the number 10 to become the seasons defining player for me. If Gross performs then so will BHA.Murray has that goal scorers nack of being in the right place at the right time, We just have to worry about injury and in particular suspension and of course his complete lack of pace, as world class defenders will draw fouls out of him-being a yard quicker- and he will lash out in frustration. Knocky must be good for x 10 goals, March x 7 - 10 also.Gross needs to get between x 8-12 which is more than doable for a number 10. So for me i expect the striker budget to go on a Glen Murray upgrade - and yes that is Alvaro Negredo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone using Lingard as a pointer towards excellent striker signings is rapidly losing the argument. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here