Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not even if the buy back clause was for say 15million? Huddersfield paid 10? He could then be sold on for a higher prices to another club (US?) for 20 million.
No. Firstly, I think it's extremely unlikely a club would pay £10m and allow a £15m buy back clause, it's not enough more. Secondly, if they bought him back they'd be paying his wages to not play, until they stopped being stupid and allowed him to go again to a club he was happy to join - mental and scandalous. Thirdly, Man City aren't in the business of ****ing about with players that have nothing to do with their club any more for a potential £5m profit, which is peanuts to them. Just no.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No. Firstly, I think it's extremely unlikely a club would pay £10m and allow a £15m buy back clause, it's not enough more. Secondly, if they bought him back they'd be paying his wages to not play, until they stopped being stupid and allowed him to go again to a club he was happy to join - mental and scandalous. Thirdly, Man City aren't in the business of ****ing about with players that have nothing to do with their club any more for a potential £5m profit, which is peanuts to them. Just no.

I agree it's a mad notion but then why do clubs have buy back clauses? Why have them? What's the point if you actually sell a player you no longer need?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree it's a mad notion but then why do clubs have buy back clauses? Why have them? What's the point if you actually sell a player you no longer need?

As above, I've read (can't remember where) but the by back clause was changed to a sell on percentage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd guess the point is in case they drastically improve. Or in some cases, to appease fans, that if the player becomes as good as some fans expect they will. For a wealthy club, it certainly won't be so they can buy them back and sell them for a few million more (which would require the player's permission).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed. I’ll be very concerned and worried if he doesn’t start on New Year’s Day but by the same token, I’m hopeful that Potter has learnt how to change those draws against the likes of West Ham, Burnley and Newcastle into wins.

What’s for Potter to learn re those matches ...tactics seemed fine ..we didn’t score enough goals..best ask the players about that one...just my opinion like

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What’s for Potter to learn re those matches ...tactics seemed fine ..we didn’t score enough goals..best ask the players about that one...just my opinion like

Need a more clinical striker......love Neal but he needs 8-10 chances to convert 1.....problem is someone more clinical would cost 40m.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hilariously Garth Crooks doesn’t include any Albion player in his team Of the week. Not even our maestro Mooy.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Hilariously Garth Crooks doesn’t include any Albion player in his team Of the week. Not even our maestro Mooy.

Premier league pundits - the easiest job in the world . You only need to have a basic knowledge of a handful of players.

My 12 year old has a far more extensive knowledge of football than Garth Crooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
875.gif

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Garth Crooks did however ask me what Peter Ward was up to these days. Describing him on his day as "unplayable".

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Need a more clinical striker......love Neal but he needs 8-10 chances to convert 1.....problem is someone more clinical would cost 40m.

And there are £40m strikers in the Premier League who are significantly less clinical

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Don't think for a second City would do it, but isn't this exactly what Wolves did with Benik Afobe? Seem to remember he was royally pissed off too as wasn't even aware he was being sold straight back on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone realise that Man City have a buy back clause on Mr Mooy? It was one of the conditions of sale when he was signed on a permanent deal by Hudderfield. They Wouldnt would THEY?
They do indeed have a buyback, but my rusty memory thinks it is £30 million for some reason.

Just checked and it is in fact £20 million.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Possibly because we lost 2 of the 3 games we played last week? I know we’ve all got albion tinted specs on but can see why the Albion didn’t figure.
Plus I’d much rather Mooy didn’t get any more attention drawn to him right now

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Top post.

Indeed, DS days are numbered against the lesser teams who under the GP system(s) we're going at instead of attempting to bore the opposition to death and steal a win.

Although I agree comparing Mooy and DS is a little off, Bissouma has the potential, if he works at it, to be 10 times the player DS is at this level.

In both the recent games DS has missed it has been Propper in the DS role with Bissouma taking Propper's role. That's where the upgrade is, a player who has the simple passes and quick movement of Propper, combined with a player who can drive through the midfield and shoot on target. That's some potential star...

Biss ain't there yet, but for me, the eventual decision is whether to replace DS with Propper, or phase Propper out?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How about you tell me what games he has been good in? I only mentioned Shef United as it was recent and vivid in my memory, I don't think he had a great game vs Leicester either and I remember feeling the same way about a couple more games. If you are disagreeing then it's up to you to counter me.

I don't think people are being particularly objective about Mooy that's all. For instance, you suggesting that he is adding goals plural to his game (he scored his first yesterday, the same number as Propper) is indicative of the point I was making.

Interesting to read you post that, when I'm pondering whether Mooy might be the best player we've ever had, or at least the best non-defender we've had. Some of his displays this season have been completely sublime, but then I read this and realise that there are many opinions in this world..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here