Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm honestly not that fussed.

He was a quality player in the Championship, we all know that. He could be quality in the premier league, but that's uncertain; more so, Wagner's building the team around him. We won't do that. We have Stephens, who I think is just as good, if not better (rose tinted glasses I know)

What I am bothered about is how its all gone quiet on the signings front. I understand we do things quietly, but there is often some noise about what's going on whether that be we've approached someone without knowing or people are linking us to a player. If we were in the Championship, I wouldn't be as concerned but seeing as we're now in the Premier League, we aught to be strengthening ASAP then gelling that team together during pre-season so we don't have to tinker too much during the season. A team that chops and changes often will not stay up...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Overated player. Hopefully better value to be had in Germany for £10 million.

The German Bundesliga looks to be a great market after all they're World Champions and look to be winning the Confederations Cup with a B team.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Them signing Mooy is just like us signing Stephens. Huge move and very important for both clubs to retain a key player but we didn't need to spend £10m to do so.

Plus, although I'm biased, Stephens is far better.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I am bothered about is how its all gone quiet on the signings front. I understand we do things quietly, but there is often some noise about what's going on whether that be we've approached someone without knowing or people are linking us to a player...

I prefer it quiet - it hopefully means that we're getting on with the business without leaks via agents to drum up additional interest. I prefer out of the blue transfers.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
To be fair it's £8m, rising to £10m if we stay in the Premier League. He's absolutely essential to the way that we play, it's the right move for us, him, and City.

We're on a bit of a charge in terms of getting our team together. In the press conference today Wagner said that we have agreed everything with Steve Mounié (reported at £11-13m), and have agreed terms with Tom Ince. We're also very likely to get Kasey Palmer back.

Exciting times...it's amazing what scoring a penalty can do....!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I would have liked to see him join but thought it unlikely with that price tag. Would have strengthened our options but not transformed them so on that basis not too fussed given Kayal, Norwood and Gross (cant find the "B"shaped thing!) all could compete with him in some shape, way or form.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair it's £8m, rising to £10m if we stay in the Premier League. He's absolutely essential to the way that we play, it's the right move for us, him, and City.

We're on a bit of a charge in terms of getting our team together. In the press conference today Wagner said that we have agreed everything with Steve Mounié (reported at £11-13m), and have agreed terms with Tom Ince. We're also very likely to get Kasey Palmer back.

Yeah I'd agree that he's a no-brainer of an excellent signing for you lot. That Depoitre looks a bit of a beast as well.

I'm not sure about Ince though. Questionable attitude, and I'm not sure how well he'll fit with Wagners style. He's an upgrade on VLP, but I reckon Kachunga is better; puts in more of a shift and seems more 'coachable' than Ince. Having said that Ince did bang in a few last year so I might be talking bollocks.

As you say, exciting times.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
DDjmWWtXkAIZZJW.jpg

holy ****ing shit, all of that is absolutely awful.

Possibly one of the worst set of kits & training kits that I have ever seen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They have signed a player they had all last season for £10m we signed a player we had all last season, Dale Stephens, for nothing like £10m

Yes. And smart business keeping DS, Knockaert, Dunk etc . But we've offered all of them substantially improved contracts. Lets say it was 20K a week uplift. Thats £5m extra for each over 5 years.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fair play to Huddersfield for forking out the dosh and the player for wanting to be where he is highly regarded by the fans , not sure if he is any better than Dale or Kayal but the next step up will tell all , i would imagine we are looking at scores of players of his ilk and price tag at the moment and no doubt we will sign a player nobody has ever heard of and all will be right in the world again .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Sounds like Wagner has got a plan and good backing from his chairman. Exciting times for you guys. I hope we are both able to kick on and displace some of those stagnant PL clubs.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah I'd agree that he's a no-brainer of an excellent signing for you lot. That Depoitre looks a bit of a beast as well.

I'm not sure about Ince though. Questionable attitude, and I'm not sure how well he'll fit with Wagners style. He's an upgrade on VLP, but I reckon Kachunga is better; puts in more of a shift and seems more 'coachable' than Ince. Having said that Ince did bang in a few last year so I might be talking bollocks.

As you say, exciting times.

Completely agree about Kachunga, his partnership with Tommy Smith down the right was so critical to our success. He'll be essential again next season.

You've got to have quality though, and Ince is definitely that. There are rumours about his attitude, but how much of that is down to his bellend dad? Regardless, Wagner will get the best out of him. And if he's not up for the fight then we wont sign him. We're going to have to double down on the 'terrier spirit' in the Premier League...!

And yeah, Depoitre looks like a reet unit. We've clearly attempted to address our weak attack with him and Mounié. Nahki is gonna have his work cut out getting into the match day squad.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Sounds like Wagner has got a plan and good backing from his chairman. Exciting times for you guys. I hope we are both able to kick on and displace some of those stagnant PL clubs.

They are a dream. And yeah, agreed. I've got a feeling that we're both going to surprise some of the mid-table teams that expect to just turn up and collect 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here